Windows 10 Nasties

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Windows 10 Nasties

Postby Happy Harry » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:00 am

Hi there all.

I moved to Windows 10 Pro about 4 months ago and for the most part its been good. The main issues that I have come across so far have been related to legacy software and there are some nasty things that Windows 10 does not do nicely. However yesterday I got done badly with BA and Windows 10. During the afternoon a pop up appeared asking if it could reboot as part of updates and the more details showed that it had downloaded and installed 4 of them during the afternoon. BA was running so the answer was "no" and then I looked around and there is a setting to disable this feature. A link is here:-

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-update ... dates.html

Anyway. I then went away and when I came back I found that Windows 10 had rebooted anyway, while BA was running and was sitting on the Windows Login Screen. Restarting BA and reloading the spreadsheets recovered most of the information. But it left 1 spreadsheet with about 95 bets not restored out of about 245 and another entirely blank which was missing all 10 bets. So recovering that information meant downloading the BetFair Statement and then manually identifying each Bet and recording it properly.

I cant believe that Microsoft are so arrogant. Its like you driving down the Freeway and Ford Turning your Engine off.

So apart from wanting to make sure that anyone using BA is aware that it can happen. I am also thinking that I would like to modify all my sheets to periodically update the results - "-3.33" in cell Q2 - and then do a save. And for this to happen periodically throughout the day. The tricky bit is how do you program this so that it does not conflict with when BA is either loading sheets, or trying to place bets because presumably that might cause issues.

The final bit of the entire puzzle that I dont understand is that yesterday I had 4 computers running. Only one running BA and none of the other 3 tried to install those updates yesterday. All of them running Win 10 Pro.

HH
Happy Harry

Re: Windows 10 Nasties

Postby Drunkenight » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:10 pm

Yes the same thing happened to me. Windows 10 tried to reboot my systems as part of the windows update. I managed to postpone it, but if I had not been at the screen I think it would have just rebooted everything even though I had Gruss running.

How do you stop windows 10 from rebooting permanently? There must be a setting somewhere.
Drunkenight

Re: Windows 10 Nasties

Postby milfor » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:14 am

milfor

Return to Discussion