upload Excel to Tagadab

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

upload Excel to Tagadab

Postby slochin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:18 am

Hello,
Hoping there is someone out there who uses a vps such as Tagadab that can advise me re how to get my Excel onto the remote desktop.
I have been able to set up my Gruss BA okay but wondered if there is a way to upload my Excel as I use the Excel sheets in conjunction with BA.
I checked with Tagadab and they said they would put Excel on for me but there would be a monthly charge.
1 Microsoft Excel £8 ex VAT per month
1 CAL £4 ex VAT per month
So £12 ex VAT in total per month.
Hoping there is an alternative.
slochin

Re: upload Excel to Tagadab

Postby bolpx001 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi slochin
Seems dear to me Out of interest what is 1 CAL 1
best regards Paul
bolpx001

Postby Daywalker » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi Slochin,

I use Tagadab. I got a office 2010 key for £54 (can't remember where from) and downloaded office to the VPS. I'm on the cloud VPS now - 1x CPU, 1MB ram, 35GB storage, 100%ssd, 50GB bandwidth, £14.99/month.

Here's a post I did -

https://trader247.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/vps-a-guide/
Daywalker

Postby slochin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:54 am

Hello @bolpx001.
This is what they said :
We can install Microsoft Excel for you.
Using Excel on a remote computer requires a CAL (Client Access Licenses).

Hello @Daywalker ,
I have my Gruss projects in Excel16 so I need to have Excel16 on my Tagadab desktop.I have yet to find a way to upload my copy of Excel which is in my Cdrive onto the remote Tagadab desktop.
slochin

Postby Daywalker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:27 pm

As far as I'm aware your excel is only usable on one computer. You may be able to install it on the VPS but then shouldn't use it on the original PC. I don't know how long it would last on both, updates may not install, I'm sure at some point you'd hit a problem. I wanted to do the same as you but eventually bit the bullet and got a second licence. The client access licence is probably due to you using their licensed copy of excel. It may be cheaper and easier on the long run to just buy a new office key.

This link helps with installing/reinstalling office if you want to try that first -

https://support.office.com/en-gb/articl ... n-GB&ad=GB
Daywalker

Postby slochin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Hello,
Is the Tagadab vps regarded as a separate computer. I have my computer with all its software and then I have downloaded Tagadab to the same computer.So do you think Excel regards this as two separate computers? I probably will bite the bullet and buy a second copy of Excel.
slochin

Postby Daywalker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:59 pm

Yes, the VPS is separate. Think of it as the operating system (Windows server 2012, Windows 10, vista,XP,etc) rather than a physical computer - each one is individual.

You don't download Tagadab to your PC, just a remote desktop key which allows for easy connection to the vps; you view the VPS desktop remotely. This means the VPS continues to run even if you shutdown your home PC.

So, unless you have Microsoft Office installed on the VPS, you won't be able to use your excel files on it.

From what I remember when I was setting it up, there used to be some version of, or before a certain date that, MS Office could be used on three different PCs but not anymore. I've also read that people have installed the same instance on a PC and a laptop but can't verify this.

Compared to the price quoted for Tagadab to install the software, buying your own is far cheaper in the long run. If you're unsure as to whether you're going to keep the VPS, ask if the software they provide can be easily removed in the future. If so you could always use theirs for a month to trial it, paying the £12+vat price, and then decide whether to keep the VPS and buy your own Excel licence, or give it all up.
Daywalker

Postby eyesnack » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi

I use tagadab same as trader 24/7 i bought office 365 for £64 5 user licence from Argos I think it was and installed it on the vps
Just uploaded the workbook to the computer via the remote desktop.

Works fine no problems

Steve
eyesnack

Return to Discussion