How can i install this Software in a USB pen drive?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

How can i install this Software in a USB pen drive?

Postby thonggruss » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:00 pm

so that i can carry this USB with the software and can use the software everywhere?

thankyou
thonggruss

Re: How can i install this Software in a USB pen drive?

Postby mellenec » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:47 pm

thonggruss wrote:so that i can carry this USB with the software and can use the software everywhere?

thankyou

Just download BA on your USB device, install it there (preferably in a folder to make things neat) and it will work on any pc with the device plugged-in
mellenec

Postby one cool dog » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:40 pm

I have tried that and it did not work. However, the laptop I tried it on did not have .net thingy installed.

Please let me know how you get on and I am interested.
one cool dog

Postby PeteB » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:40 pm

It will only work on machines that have the .NET framework installed
PeteB

Postby one cool dog » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:41 pm

answers my question !

Let me know how it goes.
one cool dog

Postby PeteB » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:43 pm

Jinx!

If you copy the contents of your c:\program files\betting assistant directory to the pen drive, and then double-click the exe it should work fine on a mchine with .NET framework. But there is not easy way round getting the .NET framework installed - if the machine doesn't have it, you won't be able to run the program.
PeteB

Re: How can i install this Software in a USB pen drive?

Postby mellenec » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:08 pm

mellenec wrote:
thonggruss wrote:so that i can carry this USB with the software and can use the software everywhere?

thankyou

Just download BA on your USB device, install it there (preferably in a folder to make things neat) and it will work on any pc with the device plugged-in

getting the .NET framework installed is necessary,
sorry for forgetting to tell you that...
mellenec

Postby thonggruss » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:23 pm

is that possible to install .Net in the pen drive?
thonggruss

Postby Spud » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:14 am

Besides getting around the fact your not permitted to (and given your not permitted to, a USB stick is unlikely to help) - why would you want to?

If it is because you are not allowed, why not purchase a cheap laptop (I mean cheap), most security is XP related so have win 98 on the laptop. Connect it to the LAN using the works LAN settings and then use LOGMEIN from there - f refrence a PC using win 95 can access a remote PC using XP pro.
Spud

Postby PeteB » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:52 am

Hmm if work control the software you install they aren't going to look kindly on a foreign laptop on the LAN either - this would get you booted out of several places I have worked.
A separate laptop and a wireless or 3G link is another matter...
PeteB

Return to Discussion