Triggered Betting Lays OVER a price.

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Triggered Betting Lays OVER a price.

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:06 pm

For runners on the cusp of the lowest price you're prepared to lay you'll just have to accept the swings and roundabouts of sometimes laying horses that are under and missing some that go over just because the market is so fluid. I doubt in the long run it'll make too much difference to the bottom line.

From an automated view I'd go with LAY-SP rather than LAYSP as you don't seem to care about the upper price limit of runners you're laying . The advantage of using LAY-SP means you can still cancel the bet so you could continue to monitor any placed bets right up to the off and cancel them if their odds had come in drastically and no longer in your range. If they subsequently go back in range you could always resubmit again.

I wouldn't be looking at the predicted SP as some guage of the likely price as it only gets updated once every 30 seconds or so, just use the current best prices as your guage and the SP to ensure your bet gets taken if not matched before the off.
Captain Sensible

Postby Rinconpaul » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:16 am

Haven't had any feedback from Happy Harry as to how he's fared with the issues raised? By way of trivia, hope he had some money on Happy Harry Race 3 Kalgoorlie today? Won $3.50
Rinconpaul

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:38 am

I guess he's probably sorted it out,
Captain Sensible

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:42 pm

No yet but Sat and Sunday are big betting days so put it too one side for the weekend.

I would prefer to not use LAY-SP. I am also not sure that it doesnt have the same problem of the Trigger Cell being ignored. What seems to happen is that if the Trigger on one line fires then it places all the bets in the selection panel into the market for that race even though the trigger cell for each one might not be valid. The same basic sheet by comparison works just fine using the trigger cell for BACKSP only firing for valid bets.

I have a feeling that I am missing something really obvious.
Happy Harry

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Happy Harry wrote:Here is a screen shot with the formulae line in the excel bar.

ScreenHunter_05 Aug. 25 15.09.jpg

The sheet simply ignores what is in the trigger column.

If you look at the trigger you put in one of the conditions is Y5>=9.3195 and Y5 is showing as 7.8 so it's always going to return N/A for you, I'm not sure why you say it's ignoring what is n the trigger column. Also the bet column shows as CANCELLED so a bet has been placed at sometime and the reference not cleared to allow further bets. It may be best to just start again fro scratch with an idea of exactly what you want your 'bot' to do and also which columns to use to give the best outcome. Personally I'd use the market odds rather than predicted BSP as the BSP is only updated once every 30 seconds so can vary drastically from the final price.
Captain Sensible

Postby Happy Harry » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:21 am

Hopefully this forum will allow me to post a series of screen shots. The process was to set up for Midura Race 1 and the Favorite which I wanted Betting Assistant to reject according to the criteria in the Trigger Column, Now it looks as though the Forum Software is going to put the attachments in the time order they were taken so this needs to be read bottom to top unfortunately. But you will figure it out :D

Also I can only add three attachments. So this post is going to have to continue with two more attachements below. They will be the Market Tab showing the bet has fired when it should not and despite the Trigger column saying "#NA".

The final shot is the trigger formulae again.

So I dont understand that is going on. The sheet is simply ignoring the trigger. Almost as though for a price limited LAYSP it only looks at the price column on the selections sheet and the amount to be placed and will automatically place all of those bets into a market when the sheet is loaded. I am not even sure it will pay any attention to a time before jump trigger criteria either.

Note to see the bet in the market on the attachment @ 2:49 to the jump you will need to scroll using the bar on the left hand side within the attachment.
Attachments
ScreenHunter_09 Aug. 29 12.57.jpg
Immediatly after attaching Excel Sheet. As you can see the bet has triggered even though it should not have.
ScreenHunter_09 Aug. 29 12.57.jpg (95.13 KiB) Viewed 28020 times
ScreenHunter_08 Aug. 29 12.56.jpg
Market showing Forecast SP price as $3.64
ScreenHunter_08 Aug. 29 12.56.jpg (74.93 KiB) Viewed 28020 times
ScreenHunter_07 Aug. 29 12.56.jpg
Horse sitting in Selections Tab in Excel Sheet.
ScreenHunter_07 Aug. 29 12.56.jpg (7.44 KiB) Viewed 28020 times
Happy Harry

Postby Happy Harry » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:23 am

Final Two Attachments.
Attachments
ScreenHunter_11 Aug. 29 12.58.jpg
ScreenHunter_11 Aug. 29 12.58.jpg (80.22 KiB) Viewed 28020 times
ScreenHunter_12 Aug. 29 12.58.jpg
ScreenHunter_12 Aug. 29 12.58.jpg (5.6 KiB) Viewed 28020 times
Happy Harry

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:55 am

The spreadsheet wasn't designed to handle the LAYSP trigger, but a few simple formula changes will do it. Column Y must contain forecast SP.

1. Use LAYSP as the bet type on the selections sheet. The max odds should always be 1000 and the min odds is the minimum forecast SP you want.

2. Change the formula in column AC to read as follows. Copy it to cell AC5 and copy it down for the remaining selections.
Code: Select all
=IF(AA5="BACK",F5,IF(AA5="LAY",H5,IF(AA5="LAYSP",Y5,"")))

3. Change the formula in column AI to read as follows. Copy it to cell AI5 and copy it down for the remaining selections.
Code: Select all
=IF(AND(AG5="N",AA5<>"LAYSP"),H5,AE5)
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Happy Harry » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:27 am

Many thanks.

Getting closer I think but still not quite there.
Happy Harry

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:26 am

Your problem is every trigger cell is coded to look at what's going on in column 5 and not their respective cells from what I can see . Divas Gary says and make sure each cell address is linked up properly.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:30 am

Meant row 5 , ie everything is coded to Y5 etc
Captain Sensible

Postby Rinconpaul » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:33 pm

As per my prev remarks on the accuracy of Projected SP, I 've done a comparison?

This is backing for the Place, $100 stake, no duplicate bets at same price, AUS Gallops day of races. Bets placed at 'n' seconds interval for a 'n' minute time pre race start.
**PLEASE NOTE** Do not use the x axis values as a "keys to the kingdom" price guide! Believe me, these profitable ranges change on a daily basis and are not consistent, but it proves a point as to the worthiness of various prices and their effect on profit/loss.

W-BSP means the projected Win SP
BACK means current Place back price
LTP means Last traded Place price
P-BSP means the projected Place SP

You can clearly see that projected SP for Win or Place OR Last Traded Price, deliver a third of the profit of current Back Place price.
Attachments
Price Comparison.JPG
Price Comparison.JPG (81.67 KiB) Viewed 27991 times
Rinconpaul

Previous

Return to Discussion