Is New Version working correctly?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Is New Version working correctly?

Postby Toma » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:51 pm

Guys,

Since I upgraded (automatically) to 1.3.0.38k I am experiencing issues with my trading. I am not sure if it is GRuss or Betfair but the way the prices are moving just doesn't look right to me. My refresh rate is 0.2 (as it always has been) and the AR is showing a pretty constant 200 figure (as I would expect). However, the prices seem to be jumping and seem to be delayed.

Also, in the first race of the day, for about 20 seconds after the race had finished the prices were still changing in Gruss - its almost like it has been paused and is running 20 seconds behind?

I have been using Gruss for years but this is a MAJOR problem and I want to continue to use Gruss as I have spreadsheets and all sorts setup - ANY help appreciated, I am concerned that this is something to do with my setup as I can't find anyone else experiencing these problems?

Also, what is the PS and OS for on he Gruss screen, I have tried with it on and off but doesn't seem to make any difference. Has there been a change to use the Betfair stream data rather than API NG (or are they the same).

Sorry I can't add any more but all I know is something isn't right with the way I am getting the prices and it was great until I upgraded!

Cheers

Alan
Toma

Re: Is New Version working correctly?

Postby alrodopial » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:26 pm

the old version (37) can be download from the official page as is the official release
(this is what I think)
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... istant.msi

the new version (38k) is working ok for me
info about the 38k version:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9763
alrodopial

Postby alrodopial » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 pm

uninstall and install from above link and tell us if it's ok
to avoid forced updates run betting assistant.exe from ba's folder
(not the ba_launcher.exe that the shortcut that created with the install directs you)
alrodopial

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi,

To clarify, version 1.3.0.37a is once again the official version which you will get if you use the link on the downloads page.
This version will not auto update to version 38 for the time being.

We only forced an update to version 38 because 37 wasn't working at all due to some unexpected characters that appeared in one of the soccer markets and caused it to get stuck at loading markets.
That issue has been resolved as Betfair have either removed that market or removed the unexpected characters.

We took the decision to make 37 the official version again because some users with older operating systems such as Windows XP were having problems logging in with version 38 due to fact that it uses a new Betfair web based log in.

You can still get version 38 which is currently 1.3.0.38k by downloading it from the following link:-
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9860

We want to ensure that everyone can access a working version and will continue to look for a solution to make version 38 available to everybody.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby KESIMKESIM » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Referring to the opening post in this thread.

Alan, I have experienced exactly the same as you. I tried the beta version over three weeks ago and discovered this same problem and reported it 3rd August. The problem for me appeared to be linked to using COM function calls in my code, which completely slowed down what BA was displaying just as you have described.

I tried on the 16:50 today and had many instances of COM function calls just 'hanging'. Today seemed much worse than previously and also affected placing bets using the ba.placebets function. When it 'hangs' then my spreadsheet just displays 'not responding' in the tab, at which point I have to try to close the spreadsheet, which then allows you to 'try to restore' and it clears the problem and BA starts working again.

Unfortunately, I have had no feedback from Gary/Mark as to what might be the problem, but it is interesting to note you have also seen what I have.

Do you also use COM function calls in the code you are running? If you do then that must point to the fact that there is a major problem here.

Having now found today that I can revert back to v37a, thats what I will do, as it stands the API-NG is completely unusable for me.

Best Regards, Ian
KESIMKESIM

Postby alrodopial » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:24 pm

are these com placed bets while in running or pre start?
alrodopial

Postby KESIMKESIM » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Alrodopial, they are prestart bets.

Do you use COM functions in your code? It is interesting that you haven't encountered any problems.

Regards,

Ian
KESIMKESIM

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:05 pm

KESIMKESIM wrote:I tried on the 16:50 today and had many instances of COM function calls just 'hanging'. Today seemed much worse than previously and also affected placing bets using the ba.placebets function. When it 'hangs' then my spreadsheet just displays 'not responding' in the tab, at which point I have to try to close the spreadsheet, which then allows you to 'try to restore' and it clears the problem and BA starts working again.

Hi,

Could you send the Diagnostic Logs for today to admin@gruss-software.co.uk
Go to the Options Menu and select 'Open Settings Folder'
From the File Explorer window that opens please go into the Diagnostics Folder and send us the files named:-

BA_Diagnostic-2017-08-24.log
BA_Excel_Diagnostic.txt
Excel_error_log.txt

We can then examine these logs and see if anything is revealed.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Return to Discussion