Single bet per race help please

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Single bet per race help please

Postby mdimmer » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi,

I am new to this triggered betting game and am currently learning the ropes on Excel.

I am hoping to test a laying system, but I can't figure out how to stop any more bets being placed after the first one.

I have tried using the ISBLANK formula in the 'bet ref' column on Excel to create a trigger for this but it hasn't worked, and I'm wondering if there is a option in the Gruss software itself that would do this, i.e. to only allow one bet per race?

Any help would be gratefully received, even if it's to where I can find how to write the correct bit of code for the Excel formula.

Thanks everyone

Matt
mdimmer

Re: Single bet per race help please

Postby alrodopial » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:38 pm

place a COUNTA in the formula to count non empty cells in column T
alrodopial

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:00 am

So can this be used to partially alleviate the issues that arise from delayed races where bets have already been placed on one race and then the meeting is put back by 1 or more races. What then happens is that if you reload the quickpick list the races list gets updated and when the same race comes up again the bets get double placed.

The formulae in column Q says "=IF(AND(E$2="Not In Play",F$2<>"Suspended"),IF(AA5="BACK",IF(AND(Z5=A5,AG5="N",$AJ$5="Y"),AA5 & AA$2,""),IF(AND(Z5=A5,AF5="N",$AJ$5="Y"),AA5 & AA$2,"")),"")"

So is the best way to do this by adding 2 CountA's so it now says "=IF(AND(E$2="Not In Play",F$2<>"Suspended"),IF(AA5="BACK",IF(AND(Z5=A5,AG5="N",$AJ$5="Y", CountA(T5:t54)<1),AA5 & AA$2,""),IF(AND(Z5=A5,AF5="N",$AJ$5="Y", CountA(T5:t54)<1),AA5 & AA$2,"")),"")" ?

or can it be done with a single entry in the first bit of the formulae "Not in Play" etc with a single entry.?

Then. If a race is delayed and the sheet has already placed bets when the race is reloaded will it no longer place a double bet?

Thanks
Happy Harry

Postby alrodopial » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:55 am

Code: Select all
=IF(AND(E$2="Not In Play",F$2<>"Suspended", CountA(T5:t54)<1) , ..........

if another race has loaded in the qpl (ie next race in qpl) then it will place a second bet when the original race been reloaded
You can avoid it only if race remains opened in ba tab and excel sheet
alrodopial

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Happy Harry wrote:
Then. If a race is delayed and the sheet has already placed bets when the race is reloaded will it no longer place a double bet?

Thanks

If you're revisiting markets you might want to consider using the MyBets sheet as that's the only sure way you'll be able to check if bets have already been placed in the market.
Captain Sensible

Postby Happy Harry » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:
Happy Harry wrote:

Thanks

If you're revisiting markets you might want to consider using the MyBets sheet as that's the only sure way you'll be able to check if bets have already been placed in the market.

Thanks. That might work. I will have a play with it when I get back from holiday in a couple of weeks time.
Happy Harry

Return to Discussion