hello all

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

hello all

Postby panaeolus » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:44 am

i wanna find if i can back only one price and lay at 2 prices

example back 1.5 lay at at 1.48 but if the market goes wrong lets say to 1.52 lay there ayto

thanks

it can be done via excel?thanks
panaeolus

Postby panaeolus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:01 am

anyone can help me about that?

the meening of that i want

is to take a secure lay at 1.51-1.55

but i want to specify the value cause betfair match it ayto at a price above 1.5

if market goes up
panaeolus

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:07 am

Yes it's possible just add some stop loss function to kick in.
Captain Sensible

Postby panaeolus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:23 pm

well captain

u have an excel for me?

or anyone else here?
panaeolus

Postby GeorgeUK » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:00 am

panaeolus

How much excel do you know? macros or just formulas? or neither?

When you put a back bet of 1.5 on, a betref will appear on the excel spreadsheet.
This will need to be removed before you can put another bet on that selection/horse

I don't have access to the Trader right now so the cells may be wrong, but for a stoploss, you could put
=IF(Q5>0,IF(N5<="1.48","LAY",IF(N5>="1.52","LAY","WAIT")))

Q5 is the profit
H5 is the Lay odds offered
N5 is the odds you will bet at (where you input the odds and stake to bet)

Formula for N5 could be =IF(H5>="1.52","1.55",H5)

With these formulas,
If a selection/horse has profit > 0
. Then if the odds you want are less than or equal to 1.48
. . Cell will say LAY
. otherwise
. . If the odds you want are greater than or equal to 1.52
. . . Cell will say LAY
If none of the above are true, cell will say WAIT

The odds you are offering in N5 - this is what the formula does
If current Lay odds available are greater than or equal to 1.52, then 1.55 will be displayed
Otherwise the lay odds from betfair will be displayed.

This means that if you back at 1.5, Q5 will be greater than 0 as there should be a profit
(Remember to delete the betref number or you can't bet on this selection again)
As you have a profit showing, if the lay odds in betfair go to 1.48 or below, this will be shown in cell N5 (the odds you will offer) and trigger the first formula to change from WAIT to LAY.
If the lay odds in betfair go to 1.52 or higher, 1.55 will be the amount you offer.
This means that if the odds wanted are say 1.53, this is the amount your bet will be accepted for.
BUT
If the odds wanted are 1.56 or more then your bet of 1.55 will be sent and offered on the Back section of betfair.
This means that although you have made a bet, it may not be taken and your stoploss is incomplete.

Hope this is what you were looking for and you can understand it.
Let us know if you need any further explanation.

Remember i am guessing at the cells as i do not have access to the trader, but you should be able to work it out from the above.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Return to Help