A few issues with version 1.3.0.38y10

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

A few issues with version 1.3.0.38y10

Postby Philby » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Gary

This new version is very fast which is great. Thanks

I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm still having a few issues:
1. If my internet connection drops out for any reason, (even briefly it would seem) the next attempted market change locks up the program. I think this problem was mentioned some time ago, but it seems to be still happening.
2. When full streaming is turned on, changing to a new market is not immediately reflected in my triggered betting spreadsheet. It seems to be waiting for some change in the market to occur prior to refreshing the sheet.
3. If a market in my pick list is deleted by betfair because racing has been called off at a venue, then when that market is selected, an automatic advance to the next valid market does not occur (I'm using Wait Until the Actual Off of the Preceding Race option). So my pick list gets stuck at this point.

Also, there is another issue kinda related to my 3rd point which has been bothering me with all versions I've used over the years. Sometimes betfair suspends markets prior to the off time to remove withdrawn runners. When this happens, an advance to the next market is triggered (sometimes, but not always), even though the market Actual Off has not occurred. Would it be possible to fix this so that the advance does not occur until the market actually goes in play (or for non in-play markets do the advance after the starting prices become available)?

I hope I've been able to make myself clear.

Looking forward to the next version.

Phil
Philby

Re: A few issues with version 1.3.0.38y10

Postby Philby » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:35 pm

Oops. There is one more problem I've noticed with this version-quite a nasty one.

Very occasionally, when the automatic market change happens AND I have some bets still active in my triggered betting sheet, these are not cleared prior to loading the data for the next market. This usually results in a bunch of bets matched in the new market at ridiculously generous prices for my counter party.

This has probably happened about 5 or 6 times over the past few weeks that I have been using the streaming version. I know I can probably get around this and probably 2 of the other issues I mentioned by doing the market advance in VB, but I was hoping to avoid this, at least for the moment.

Cheers
Phil
Philby

Re: A few issues with version 1.3.0.38y10

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:46 pm

I am investigating your issues.

2. When full streaming is turned on, changing to a new market is not immediately reflected in my triggered betting spreadsheet. It seems to be waiting for some change in the market to occur prior to refreshing the sheet.

Yes it is waiting for the prices to change. In a quiet market this might not occur for some time. I have changed it to do an initial refresh regardless when full streaming is enabled. I will release an update shortly.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help