Can't get Betting Assistant to run via The Staking Machine

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Can't get Betting Assistant to run via The Staking Machine

Postby apollo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:28 pm

I'm a little unimpressed with The Staking Machine support as I emailed them with the following query over 2 weeks ago and can't get a response. I hope you don't mind if I try here. TSM shows the pick list of races but doesn't move through them and doesn't submit any bets. I'm confident I've followed the instructions to the letter, allowed the COM connection, etc. Do you know of any incompatibilities with versions?

Here was my unanswered query to TSM support;

Hi,

I am trying to use TSM with Gruss to submit automated bets, specifically UK Greyhound Place markets. I have followed the instructions, watched the videos, taken note of the compatible versions of Gruss. No matter how I try I cannot get this to run.

I have systematically tried installing different versions of Gruss after noting the warnings from TSM.

If I use the default version of 1.3.0.37a - TSM won't work - message 'minimum version 1.3.0.38k'

Following the latest advice I can find that the most recent tested version is 1.3.0.38u I have tried downloading and installing that version. However Gruss still displays version 1.3.0.38y10 – which I understand is not your responsibility.

I have been through all the steps on the Automated Betting Checklist many times but no bets are being submitted. I am trying to use the Lay staking plan Lay% Up Down and selecting the 6th Favourite. Using different schemes hasn’t helped.

I’ve looked through forum but can’t find any answers.

I’ve attached a screenshot – is it obvious what I’m doing wrong?
apollo

Re: Can't get Betting Assistant to run via The Staking Machi

Postby merlmagic » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Check your junk mail.

Reply was sent on the 05/12/2017 at 1401.

The version of TSM you are using will work with any of the 1.3.0.38 onwards. I need to update the download to remove the initial warning message.

The issue will be something to do with your setup.

Have you tried simply turning automated selection system to ‘none’ and just select a few selections manually. Just use penny stakes until you get everything working. The most important video to follow is –
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDGJJyHRcZE&t=127s

If no bets are being placed at all check your criteria in the TSM-Gruss settings screen.

If you can’t place any bets even manually can send screenshots of all your Gruss-TSM Settings.

Dave
admin@thestakingmachine.com
merlmagic

Re: Can't get Betting Assistant to run via The Staking Machi

Postby apollo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave - I apologise if I've done you a disservice. I don't seem to have got the email but I clean out my junk regularly.

The issues with compatible versions seems to have a red herring. I checked through all the settings and found the problem. I hadn't set the Auto Select Markets to submit at a specific time before the off. I thought this was covered in Gruss TSM Settings. I've now got it running.

Thanks,

Dean / Apollo
apollo

Return to Help