Back at Sp to Lay in running

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Back at Sp to Lay in running

Postby Lincs2000 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:23 am

All running good.

Just a couple of questions

When clicking on new page I notice that the quick picks box is empty, is there a setting that will enable the meetings on every page automaticaly ?
Also, do you have to input betting options on every new page ( tick,tick offset, sp inplay etc) or can you set your settings as a default for every new page?

Your time and patience much appreciated.

Paul
Lincs2000

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi,

You can have Quick Pick List automatically populated with the same markets as your auto start options by ticking the option in Preferences under the "Quick pick list / markets" settings.

The SP in Play option will remain ticked when you go to a new page, if you set the default action for unmatched bets in Preferences under the General settings.
Set it to "Convert to SP" (Please note that Betting Assistant will need a restart after changing this option for it to work on new pages)

To avoid having to set up the Tick Offset each time, I would use the Custom Columns feature to submit the initial bet.
Go to the Options Menu and select Custom Columns.
Then fill it in as per my image below:-

You will now have a Custom Column in the Grid which will have the Tick Offset already set and this will appear on each new page.
Click on it to fire in the Back bet at odds of 1000 ensuring it is unmatched and therefore will be matched at SP at the off with the required Tick Offset.

You still need to keep the market open for the Tick Offset to be triggered.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Lincs2000 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Thats the icing on the cake, Thank you Mark .

I'm sure this will greatly help many more beginners to trade on Gruss.
Lincs2000

Postby Lincs2000 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Hiya Mark

Just returned home and looked at my results and am mystified by one of them. The £30 win at !000 went to BSP just like it should have but then Gruss placed a lay bet for just £33.

Horse Racing > Thurl 22nd Feb : 2m2f Chs Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Selections
Selection Odds Stake(£) Bid type Placed Profit/loss(£)
Kilcarry Bridge 9.15 30.00 Back 22-Feb-18 07:26 -30.00
Kilcarry Bridge 5.10 33.00 Lay 22-Feb-18 13:57 33.00
*Average odds: On Off Back subtotal: -30.00
Lay subtotal: 33.00
Market subtotal: 3.00
Commission @ 5%: 0.15
Net Market Total: 2.85

Can you tell me what you think happened and how I can avoid it happening again? I usualy make around £20 ish per trade but now and again there is a £12 profit thrown in, and then todays £3. I have the settings exactly as you shown above.

Is it possible to instruct Gruss to place a set figure lay say £60 so I know I am backing for £30 and laying £60 on every bet?

Hope you can help.
Lincs2000

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi,

In the method that i mentioned the lay bet stake i calculated based on the matched back bet odds and stake, so all depends on what the SP odds are and the stake used.
There is no setting in the software to adjust this.
With regards to the specific bet you mention, I've no idea what happened.
The lay bet should have used a stake so as to give an equal profit.
I'd be interested to know what the Betting Assistant Transaction Log shows for this lay bet.
You can access the log from the Account Menu.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Lincs2000 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 pm

It states that it layed it for £53.82 . For some reason Betfair transaction states £33

Was going to copy paste the transaction log but nothing appears when I right click.
Lincs2000

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:09 pm

The log you posted is just the matched bets not necessarily the bet that was sent. It's possible that only £33 of your bet was matched and the rest lapsed. You can check by looking at your bet history on the Betfair site.
Captain Sensible

Postby Lincs2000 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:38 pm

You are correct £20.82 unmatched. That clears that up.

I am getting 4/5 most days which I am pleased about but slightly disapointed that the profits are not as good as I would have hoped for, my aim originaly was to back £30 and lay for 60 at half the odds but as the DOB option can't be done without excel I guess I will persevrere with the back to lay method that you kindly set up for me.

Thanks again
Lincs2000

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:48 pm

The DOB'ing i.e. double or bust will only work if you set your preferences to calculate using decimal odds like Mark suggested earlier. So with decimal odds ticked backing £30 @ 10 will lay £60 @ 5 which is half the decimal odds which is the calculation DOB'ing uses rather than fractional odds.

Obviously because the Betfair starting prices aren't always exactly prices on the ladder it may not be exactly half but it'll be as close as you can get for the simplest option.

Untitled.png
Captain Sensible

Postby Lincs2000 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:42 am

I think I will settle for the above example then.
Do I now have to take the tick from the AUTO LEVEL box ?
Lincs2000

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 am

You still need the auto level ticked otherwise it'll just lay the original £30 stake .
Captain Sensible

Postby Lincs2000 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:01 pm

First trade - Monar Rose backed £30 at 14.52 then the lay was displayed at 7.4 but for only £58.86. I know its only a very small amount but is there a reason why the lay was not put in at £60 ?
Lincs2000

Postby MarkRussell » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi,

That's the closest it can be based on the logic that the software uses.

The Back bet was matched at 14.52, so 50% of that is 7.26 which would result in a £30 level profit.
However 7.26 is not valid Betfair odds so the software rounds up to nearest valid odds which is 7.4 and hence £58.86 used for the Lay bet resulting in best possible green up for these odds.

In actual fact 14.52 is not valid Betfair odds, but the software will use the odds that SP returns for the calculation.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Lincs2000 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Thank you again, I rekon that just about covers all the queries on how a DOB is traded and settled.

You have the patience of a saint and it is most appreciated. It feels good to carry out the trades with no niggling doubts about whether I am doing it correctly. I can now get on and hopefully make some money.
Lincs2000

Previous

Return to Help