Back at Sp to Lay in running

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Back at Sp to Lay in running

Postby Lincs2000 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Is there a setting that will let you place a back bet at SP then lay at half the odds in running. I am a complete novice at this and keep reading that a spreadsheet would be needed. Surely it can be done directly on Gruss. I have took the 30 day trial and will obviously subscribe if I can just set the bot to do the above.

This is all I require the bot for by the way.
Lincs2000

Re: Back at Sp to Lay in running

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:48 pm

This is all I require the bot for by the way.

Gruss isn't a bot so it depends on your meaning of a BOT, if you want something to automatically go thru the markets and place bets whilst you're not there you will need to use excel as the program needs to be checking the market to place any offset bets.

If you just want to manually place a bet at SP then have the lay bet placed in running you need to look at the tick offset % options and place the bet as a BSP bet with the keep otions.

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... offset.htm

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... n_play.htm
Captain Sensible

Postby Lincs2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:42 am

Captain - Thank you very much for taking the time to explain, it is very much appreciated.

Would you be so kind as to let me know if I now have this correct as below.

Looking at the betting options bar left to right I have ticks in - Verify Bets - SP In Play, Refresh 1.0 Auto, Tick Offset 50 , Fill 100, Delay 0.0 and Ticks = %
The Back Odds and Lay Odds boxes read 1000 and 1.01 but are not active.

I have a list of horses that I want to back at SP for £10 and lay at 50% of that SP in running for £20.

I now go to the grid and place my £10 on all the selected horses, At the time of each race Gruss will place this £10 to win at BSP.

I hope I am correct up to now - I am now stuck as to how to set Gruss to lay at £20 and not as the £10 back stake?

If you could put me right on this and advise me if my betting option settings are correct I would again be most grateful.

Paul
Lincs2000

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi,

The only option to adjust the stake of the Tick Offset bet is to tick the "Auto Level" option which will calculate the stake so as to green up.

With that option ticked, let's say you Back @ 5.00 for £10 stake, using Tick Offset set to 50% based on decimal odds calculation then the Lay bet will be submitted at @2.50 using a stake of £20 resulting in a green up of £10

Presumably this will be ok for what you are wanting to do.

To ensure the odds calculation is based on decimal odds make sure you have the option ticked in Preferences under the General Settings.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Lincs2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Cheers Mark I will settle for that, On your example I would have really liked Gruss to lay at 3.0 which is 50% of 5.00 ( 4/1 & 2/1 ) in non decimal but if that can't be done then so be it. I guess sods law will come into it on my first trade where the in running odds will reach 2.8 and I will miss out !

Paul
Lincs2000

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi,

Ok, if you don't have that option ticked in Preferences then it will calculate the offset odds based on fractional odds.

So backing @ 5.0 using a stake of £10 would result in a lay bet being placed @ 3.0 using 50% Tick Offset and with Auto Level ticked the stake for the lay bet would be £16.67 giving a green up of £6.67

Please note, as I didn't mention before, that you must keep the market open in Betting Assistant until the initial back bet has been matched otherwise the Tick Offset bet will not get placed.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Lincs2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:28 pm

So a little less profit than the £9.50 if it was a DOB bet, I do understand this aspect now and will decide eventualy which way to go. How do I make sure the market for each race is left open if I am not at the pc all day? Apologies if that is a daft question but I need to make sure I know what I doing, hope you understand. Im nearly there !!
Lincs2000

Postby Lincs2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Just watched several bets and although the back bet is put on there is no lay bet even though the odds have fallen below the 50% setting. I don't have a clue why this is happening, the settings are as my first post but there is obviously another setting that I have missed.
Lincs2000

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Lincs2000 wrote:Just watched several bets and although the back bet is put on there is no lay bet even though the odds have fallen below the 50% setting. I don't have a clue why this is happening, the settings are as my first post but there is obviously another setting that I have missed.

Hi,

Can you confirm that you had the Tick Offset set before placing the initial back bet?

And then did you keep the market (race) open because if you move to another market the offset bet will not get placed even if you come back to the original market?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Lincs2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:31 pm

I placed a back bet on several races so it could be that. So are you saying place all bets in the different races before setting the offset? I am srill not sure how I can keep each race open when only one at a time will show on screen ?
Lincs2000

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi,

Ok, to clarify, you need to have the Tick Offset setup ready before placing the initial back bet and then once you place the bet you must keep that market open.
If you want to go to another market you can by clicking on "New Page" from the Menu.
Each Page you open is self contained and you can have a different market open in each page.
You will need to set up the Tick Offset on each page.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Lincs2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:19 pm

ok, so I just logged out and then back in again, I selected the 3.55 Winc , backed Never Equalled at 22 and Gruss layed in running at 8.5 so yes it has worked.

Does that mean that my first race has to conclude before I can place a bet on another race? or do I make sure the offset isn't ticked untill I have placed all my selections, then tick the box.

As I stated earlier, I wont be able to be at pc on weekdays so how do I get each race with a selection to be showing on screen? (if that is what you mean by open.

Paul
Lincs2000

Postby Lincs2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:24 pm

Sorry, must have crossed in cyberspace!
I think you have nailed it for me now, it was the opening of a new window that was causing the problem,

Can you confirm then, each race/ bet in a new window, I can then go out of house and Gruss will do the rest?

Paul
Lincs2000

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi,

Yes, once the initial bet is placed you can leave it to get on with the job.
But I would advise you to watch a few first to make sure it is doing what you expected.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Lincs2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:11 pm

Cheers Mark

We got there in the end ! thank you for your patience, esp on a busy Sat afternoon.

Will be subscribing once trial is over for sure.

Paul
Lincs2000

Next

Return to Help