VBA question

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

VBA question

Postby Ferru123 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:39 pm

I have a macro that copies the value 1 from cells in the EK column to the adjacent cell in the EL column:

Dim b As Integer

For b = 5 To 35

If Range("EK" & b).Value = 1 Then Range("EL" & b).Value = 1

Next b

When I enter a new market, I clear the column through the command Range("EL5:EL35").Value = "".

The challenge I have is that, when the value of (say) EK5 ceases to be 1, then the value of EL5 changes too.

I don't understand this. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Jeff
Ferru123

Re: VBA question

Postby Ferru123 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:47 pm

CORRECTION: What is happening is that the macro is copying from EK5 to EL5, but if (say) the value of EK6 becomes 1, then that figure won't be copied across to EL6.

Jeff
Ferru123

Re: VBA question

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:55 pm

The code snippet you posted is simple enough so my bet is any 'errrors' you're having are more likely to be due to the order of when you're firing the code rather than the code.

No idea if your code uses data from other sheets maybe it's switched focus to another sheet, that's why it's always best to fully reference any cells rather than leave them as range(A1).value change to Worksheets("Sheet1").range(A1). value etc
Captain Sensible

Return to Help