New release

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

New release

Postby eclipse » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi, I installed the latest release this morning but found it kept hanging when linked to Excel, I reverted to previous release and all was fine, not sure if there is a bug there.
eclipse

Re: New release

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:19 pm

I’ll look into it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:55 am

Which OS are you using?
Did it become completely unresponsive so you had to shut it down with the task manager?
Did it start hanging immediately?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby eclipse » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:27 pm

I'm on a server 2012 I think, it started hanging once it fired in bets with offsets, yeah had to shut down with task manager.
eclipse

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:52 pm

eclipse wrote:I'm on a server 2012 I think, it started hanging once it fired in bets with offsets, yeah had to shut down with task manager.

I will test the same scenario on Windows 2012 server and get back to you asap.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:14 pm

I had problems with it freezing a couple of times when I'd altered bets and had to crash the program via task manager, think that may have been via the previous release rather than this one though. Hasn't happened since and I'm currently using 38y12, no idea if I still have the logs for it as I'm not sure where I'd look.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Was last week or the previous week btw
Captain Sensible

Postby enery » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am

Hi, My version 38y12 keeps freezing on moving automatically on to the next race otherwise its ok, don't ask me anything to technical though..just reporting in
Enery
enery

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:00 am

enery wrote:Hi, My version 38y12 keeps freezing on moving automatically on to the next race otherwise its ok, don't ask me anything to technical though..just reporting in
Enery

Hi,

What version of Windows are you running?
What option are you using to move to the next race, i.e. is it one from the Menu in Betting Assistant or do you have code in Excel to do it?
Can you send a Diagnostic Log from your computer to admin@gruss-software.co.uk
To find the log file, go to the Options Menu in Betting Assistant and select Open Settings Folder
This will open a File Explorer Window where you can go into the Diagnostic Logs Folder.
The logs are recorded on each date that you use the software, e.g. today's would be called BA_Diagnostic-2018-03-14.log
Send the log file from a date when you had the problem and if you know the approx. time of the problem that would be useful.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Daywalker » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi,

Installed latest version on Tuesday eve. Two days have frozen on first greyhounds race. Appears to be at bet placement. I've emailed both logs. I'm on server 2012 R2.

Noted that log shows refresh rate change yet have streaming ticked, if that helps.

How do I install previous release?

Thanks
D
Daywalker

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:21 am

Daywalker wrote:Hi,

Installed latest version on Tuesday eve. Two days have frozen on first greyhounds race. Appears to be at bet placement. I've emailed both logs. I'm on server 2012 R2.

Noted that log shows refresh rate change yet have streaming ticked, if that helps.

How do I install previous release?

Thanks
D

I am investigating. It may be an issue with moving up to the latest .Net Framework and may be specific to Windows 2012.

You can install the version 1.3.0.38y11 Here
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:29 pm

I have replicated the issue. Just need to debug it now. I will let you know asap.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:23 am

Can you try version 1.3.0.38y13. I fixed a freezing bug regarding stop loss bets. I should also now be able to diagnose freezes using a memory dump you can create from task manager. If it freezes open task manager, right click on "Betting Assistant.exe" and select "Create dump file". Please send this file to admin@gruss-software.co.uk

See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10081 for download link.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Daywalker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Tried it. It works, back up and running.

Thanks
D
Daywalker

Return to Help