Fixed stake lay (@BFSP)

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Fixed stake lay (@BFSP)

Postby OzJoe » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:34 pm

Hello

i guess it was asked/answered before several times.
i checked first few pages for related topics but no luck and searches returned everything but related posts.

I hope I can do it with BA on BetFair.
I have some back bets on uk horse races placed several hours before the start and would like to place a fixed stake lay on them as close to SP as possible.
However I won't be able to be at PC when races starting and also I am in AU so cannot place live bets automatically.
Here (I hope) comes BA to help me out.
(Never) used it before and do not know how to set it up to place my fixed stake lay bets closest to BFSP.
I know it is impossible to place an SP lay bet for fixed stake.
So I was thinking if I can automate to place a fixed stake lay about 10s before the start 1 tick lower as the available lay price with persistance to keep in-play.
If it can be done by BA please point me to the topic or please answer it here.
Thank you.

Regards
OzJoe

Re: Fixed stake lay (@BFSP)

Postby OzJoe » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:09 pm

An update

I found some solution to my above problem under Sample Triggered Betting Excel Sheets.
However the "Place bets on a selection of horses" excel file does not work at all which would satisfy almost all my requirements except the 1 tick below current lay price. I think it's missing macro? And BA does not populate the Market sheet - cannot figure out why.
I know, they are quite old files but that's wahat I found so far and would appreciate any help.
Thank you.

Regards
OzJoe

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:28 pm

I think the files are more supposed to be a starting point rather than fully operational bot. YOu're generally better off just using the formulas from them to make your own excel file from scratch so it'd do exactly what you want.

If your back bets are already going to be matched before you enter the market you could just as easily make a bot to 'green up' any profit using the matched bets or profit and loss column if only one bet per market.

Is it this file you're using ?

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/Place_Bets.xls
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:29 pm

Captain Sensible

Postby OzJoe » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:05 am

Hello Captain,

Thank you for your answer, appreciate.
Sorry if it sounded as I am looking for a ready bot (English is not my first language).
I am happy to build my own just was looking for the pieces to perform what I am looking for.
Actually the file I found closest to my needs is

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/P ... ection.xls

It did not want to be populated on Market sheet so I had no chance to test triggers.
But it seems to be working now (strange, cannot see the reason it did not yesterday).
However it's only the Market population, still need to check the triggers.
Just need to add a best available lay price -1 tick trigger/condition.

I think I am getting around the concept slowly.
Thank you.

Regards
OzJoe

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:34 am

Getting assistant sends the best 3 odds to lay to the sheet in columns B,D and F you'd just need to amend the column R to display whichever odds you wanted to lay at rather than the current formula in column R.

You'd also need to amend the trigger to something like LAY-SP if you want unmatched bets to go to SP
Captain Sensible

Postby OzJoe » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Thank you Captain for advice.
In very rear occasions it may happen that the displayed best back price for my selection is not only one tick lower from best available lay price.
I already created the formula and it works in manual testing and the -SP trigger is built into the file I mentioned above.
I will test it on tonight selections. Fingers crossed it will wotk correctly.
Thanks for all help/advice.
OzJoe

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Good to see it's working , if you want a function to bet a number of ticks away from a price or get the number of ticks between a price Gary has written a function in this thread that should be useful to you.

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/v ... 99&start=2
Captain Sensible

Postby OzJoe » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:05 am

Thank you Captain for Ticks function pointer.
Will make a good use of it.
Automation worked as I expected so good so far.
Thanks.
OzJoe

Return to Help