Check Bet Reference (Column T) in Excel

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Check Bet Reference (Column T) in Excel

Postby MollyMoo » Wed May 09, 2018 6:54 pm

I'm trying to detect if Gruss reports an error in Excel's Bet Reference (column T) cell after a bet has been submitted. My code is as follows:

Code: Select all
If .Range("T" & matchRow) <> "PENDING" Then 'Bet has been processed
                        If .Range("T" & matchRow) <> vbNullString And IsNumeric(.Range("T" & matchRow)) = False Then 'Report is not a bet number - must be error
                            'Cancel Bets & Green Up
                            CGreen ("Report") 'Call green up routine
                            GoTo Finish
                        Else
                           'Carry on processing
                        End If
                    End If

However, this doesn't appear to be working as it's sometimes detecting an error when there isn't one. Is there a better way of doing this? I thought a non-numeric value in column T would indicate an error. TIA.
MollyMoo

Re: Check Bet Reference (Column T) in Excel

Postby Daywalker » Wed May 09, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi Mollymoo,

What is it sometimes picking up?

Are you updating (UPDATE, UPDATESTAKE) or replacing (BACKR, LAYR) bets? If so the bet ref includes "N" making it a string, so isnumeric=false.

If it is visually a number that your code is picking up (but handled as a string), you could try converting the betref to number - CDbl(betref) or CSng(betref).

D
Daywalker

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 09, 2018 10:10 pm

You also need to take into account part matched bets which have a P at the end of them i.e. 1222744789P
Captain Sensible

Postby MollyMoo » Fri May 11, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks to both of you for replying.

Daywalker - I'm using a BACK command with an OFFSET LAY parameter. I haven't captured up to now what the code actually reads from column T, but will do in the future.

Captain Sensible - I think you might have hit the nail on the head. It all happens too quickly to catch visually, but if the bet is partially matched and then very quickly fully matched, the code may be picking up the bet reference with the added "P" before I've had chance to notice it. I've now changed the code to ignore any partially matched reference and we'll see what happens. No anomalies yesterday after changing the code.
MollyMoo

Postby MollyMoo » Tue May 15, 2018 3:46 pm

Well, 4 days on and no more anomalies since checking for the trailing "P" in the bet reference. So I think that was the problem. Thank you very much Capt. Sensible.
MollyMoo

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue May 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Good to see it's working, I had a similar problem when checking for errors before placing offset bets.

If you use the UPDATE trigger it's worth noting they betref can be suffixed or appended with an N also.
Captain Sensible

Return to Help