IPMIN - Clarity required if possible

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

IPMIN - Clarity required if possible

Postby StuT » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:03 am

Hi there,

I am looking at the betfair history csv files from https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices
For IPMIN it states :

IPMIN Minimum price placed in-play (only bets of a payout of more than GBP100 included)

Does this mean that:

If a single bet is placed for £3 at 50.0 and gets matched it will be reported as IPMIN.

If 3 bets are placed for £1 each at 50.0 and get matched it will NOT be reported as IPMIN.

I'm basically trying to ascertain whether the IPMIN reported is when the TOTAL volume of the price matched exceeds £100 for that price or not.

Thanks in advance.
StuT

Re: IPMIN - Clarity required if possible

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:01 pm

I've always assumed they aggregate the bets but you'd need to ask betfair if you want to find out for certain, the bdp team is usually very helpful and quick at answering emails.
Captain Sensible

Postby StuT » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 pm

Thanks for the quick response CS.

I will drop them an email for clarification.

But if they do aggregate them like you say then:
If £20 is matched at 6.8, £80 is matched at 7.0 and £120 is matched at 7.2 then would the IPMIN be reported as 7.2

Also - Would I be able to find these values out from using getAllTradedVolume() COM function and check the Last Price Matched Traded Volume row for each price matched?

Many thanks again CS.
StuT

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:57 pm

I meant aggregated over that particular price point not bet. In the case you posted 6.8 would be reported as that £20 @ 6.8 gives a payout of £116.

I don't use the COM so haven't used getAllTradedVolume so not sure how it works but if it has a Last Price Matched Traded Volume field then that should contain everything you need for the IPMIN.

Are you looking at betting using the IPMIN figure? One of the reasons I never used the volume API requests in my own bots is because they required an indivdual call for each runner, dunno if they've since changed that so one call covers all runners. My reasoning was anything that slowed down my feed during inn running was a negative. With streaming you could just as easily log the last price matched which gets sent with the price requests. I doubt they'd be any big difference between the lowest price and lowest price with £100 payout, plus I'm sure any traded volume requests will cover pre off and in play so you won't get a true IPMIN as it'd be a mix of IPMIN and PPMIN
Captain Sensible

Postby StuT » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Thanks CS,

Ahh right, thanks for explaining that.

Yeah I was looking at using IPMIN figure but like you say it'll have a mix of IPMIN and PPMIN.

Looking at the VBA in getAllTradedVolume it looks like it does one call into an array which contains all selections, it then loops round that array to extract the data to the sheet. I'll have a little play with it and see what happens. Speed will be the problem though.

An observation on IPMIN though - Using £2 stake on in-running over the weekend, I can see that on quite a few occasions I got matched below the reported IPMIN price, hence my original question.
StuT

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:35 pm

You could always take a snapshot of the volume figures as soon as the market went inplay if you really wanted the IPMIN figures as even if you're a second out the market is unlikely to have hit the IPMIN straight after the off.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're getting lower prices with £2 bets as the payout of £100 means you'd be looking at some high stakes when you're lower down the ladder i'e' it'd take £1000 bet at 1.1 to register as the IPMIN. Those Betfair data files are a pretty stripped down snapshot of what happened in the market you'd need the paid for data if you really want to drill down what happened in a market https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home
Captain Sensible

Postby StuT » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:25 pm

I'll take a look at that historical data link, looks useful.

Thanks a lot for your help today CS, I'll go back and do some more thinking :)
StuT

Return to Help