Log Multiple Sheets Quick Link - Removing rows

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Log Multiple Sheets Quick Link - Removing rows

Postby StuT » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi,

When using the Log Multiple Sheets Quick Link from the Excel menu, does anyone know how to remove existing entries from the Quick Link table.
I have some entries that I want to get rid of and cannot fathom how to do it. I cannot see the answer in the help manual.

Also - When I start logging markets to the same workbook but a different sheet (eg sheet2), an additional workbook of the same name opens again in read-only mode.
If I close that I can see the prices are indeed logged to the first workbook in the sheet2 required.
I can't understand why an additional workbook would open in read only mode.

Any ideas anyone ??

Thanks.
StuT

Re: Log Multiple Sheets Quick Link - Removing rows

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi,

To remove an existing entry:-
Click on the left most cell of the row you wish to delete which highlights the row.
Then press the delete key on your keyboard.

Regarding the read only issue, did you already have the Excel Workbook open before clicking on the "Start logging" button as this would result in a read only copy of the Workbook.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Re: Log Multiple Sheets Quick Link - Removing rows

Postby StuT » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:52 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I can't believe I never thought to do that :). Thanks.

Yeah the workbook is was already open, it was opened from the first time I started logging by using one of the start logging buttons against the required row.
I then clicked 'Start Logging' against another row and that's when the read-only version opened.

I presume this is normal practice when you 'Start Logging' from different rows in the Quick Link table to the same workbook but a different sheet, and I just need to close read-only workbooks down.
StuT

Return to Help