Populating the extra columns

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Populating the extra columns

Postby brumbie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:35 am

Is there any foolproof way of populating the SP column etc in excel. Over the last 10 years it has always been hit or miss for me. If I keep turning the BA off and then restarting it will eventually kick start the extra columns but I was wondering if there is a definitive way? If I use the Log Multiple Sheets Quick Link I generally have more success than manually setting up a spreadsheet. That sometimes gets the SP column but rarely a column like the average last price column. I have been using the 1.30.38yrs19 recently which takes forever to populate the aus races (similar to a few years ago) but noticeably does not populate the quick pick list with those annoying bets "without the fav" etc which you have to scroll thro to delete else you miss the next race because of it. Hope there is an answer or suggestion...thanks guys. :)
brumbie

Re: Populating the extra columns

Postby brumbie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:41 am

No edit on here it seems but I should add the reason I mentioned those extra unwanted races nestled in the quick pick list is that they have recently been there everyday (the run up to xmas anyway) and that and the new CLOSEC trigger is the reason I went over to the beta version.
brumbie

Postby brumbie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:40 am

Gary, Mark..just to let you know that the current stable version is still letting "without the fav" bets in the quick pick list. If you could look at this or perhaps confirm you have read this that would be good.Thanks guys. :D
brumbie

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:11 pm

brumbie wrote:Gary, Mark..just to let you know that the current stable version is still letting "without the fav" bets in the quick pick list. If you could look at this or perhaps confirm you have read this that would be good.Thanks guys. :D

Hi,

I'm not seeing that.
which version are you using (as displayed in the Title Bar)?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby brumbie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:41 pm

I am currently using 1.3.0.37a but I am in Australia, not sure if that makes a difference Mark, tonight (today) is quite a nightmare as there are quite a lot of them, thanks mate.
brumbie

Postby StuT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Brumble,

That has been fixed in a previous version.

The latest version is Version 1.3.0.38y19

Go to the New Releases section of the forum and download/install it from there.
StuT

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Hi,

As StuT says, you need to be using our new version which is currently Version 1.3.0.38y19

Here is the download link:-
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting_Assistant/Betting_Assistant1.msi

Although this is not yet our official version it does fix that problem and is a stable version.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:21 pm

brumbie wrote:Gary, Mark..just to let you know that the current stable version is still letting "without the fav" bets in the quick pick list. If you could look at this or perhaps confirm you have read this that would be good.Thanks guys. :D

The current version 1.3.0.38y19 doesn't show the without favs markets, it just seems to have replaced them by sticking about 200 other markets into the racing market list that seemingly finished 2133 hours ago instead. Just have to scroll though a few pages of those then wade thru all the TBP and FC markets if you want to use the market Today's Card list to find a race.
Captain Sensible

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:

The current version 1.3.0.38y19 doesn't show the without favs markets, it just seems to have replaced them by sticking about 200 other markets into the racing market list that seemingly finished 2133 hours ago instead. Just have to scroll though a few pages of those then wade thru all the TBP and FC markets if you want to use the market Today's Card list to find a race.

Hi,

They're not filtered into the Quick Pick List but yes we are aware that the Market Tree has these finished markets appearing which will be got rid of in the next release.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby brumbie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Like I said in the OP, the version 1.3.0.38y19 does not populate the SP column in excel although the quick pick list is OK. Seems I can't win.
brumbie

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Are you collecting data and have Enable triggered betting switched off? Tht needs to be on for the additional columns to populate.
Captain Sensible

Postby brumbie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:40 am

I have reverted back to 1.3.0.38y19 and completely rebuilt my spreadsheet and it seems to be working again. There does seem to be a problem with the extra columns from time to time though as I have noticed over the years. I do try to limit most secondary calculations to a subsidiary sheet but perhaps there was a conflict nevertheless. Thanks guys, if it happens again I give up. :D
brumbie

Return to Help