Cancel Bet Help

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Cancel Bet Help

Postby OMF » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:46 pm

Apologies if this has been asked but I couldnt find the response.

I have two excel docs on the go at once. One is connected to a quick pick list which opens 10 mins before the race off and the other is connected to a pick list which opens 1 min before the off.

The first one, 10 mins before the off places bets with tick offsets for trading, of which some tick offsets may get matched before 2nd excel doc comes into play, some wont.
The second one, 1 mins before the off, comes along and cleans up if need be to exit the market but I am having problems.

Obviously by the time the 2nd excel doc is in use the first one is on to another market (generally) and the issue I am having is I want to cancel any unmatched bets in the 2nd excel doc but I cant as the 2nd excel doc does not have a bet ref in the column, presumably because the initial bet was placed in the first excel doc.

Basically it has unmatched bets because odds have gone against me so it fires a new bet back in to get me out, but i still have the old unmatched bet present which i then wouldnt want it to be matched should odds take massive swing bringing it back into play.

Now I know i can put anything i like in the bet ref column such as DUMMY but if that a formula this gets wiped over with the cancel so when next market loads it becomes of no use as the bet ref column is empty again.

quick example in case explained poorly

Excel doc 1 fires a lay bet on horse 1 at odds of 5. This trigger in this doc fires a back bet at 3 ticks back in. The 3 tick bet may get matched but may not.

9 minutes later the same market as above for bet placed on horse 1 gets loaded into excel doc 2 via a different pick list. The 3 tick bet placed in excel doc 1 some 9 minutes ago does not show as a bet ref in the bet ref column of excel doc 2. I want it to, or somehow to be able to cancel that unmatched bet in excel doc 2 before I do a clean up.

It has to be done in excel doc 2, not excel doc 1 as excel doc 1 is already on to another market.

Any idea of how I can cancel a bet that isnt matched where the bet ref column isnt populated as it does not come through into the 2nd excel doc ?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
OMF

Re: Cancel Bet Help

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:27 pm

I got a bit confused reading thru it tbh, is there any reason why you can't simply use the mybets sheets to keep track of your open bets and liabilities?
Captain Sensible

Postby OMF » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi

I am using the Mybets to determine my close position to fire the new triggered "green up" bet when 2nd excel doc comes into play, but I can still have the unmatched outstanding bet that was my tickoffset placed bet from excel doc 1, some 9 mins prior.

I have no way of cancelling it as there is no bet ref value. Essentially, it does not know there is even a previous bet placed outstanding, thats what i need it to do.

Ill have something like if count of bets in Mybets that are matched = 1 and count of bets that are unmatched = 1 and = horse name (so tick offset bet was never matched) then cancel the unmatched one (and then it will fire my new green up bet at current odds), but i dont have a bet ref, thats my problem. How can I cancel it ?
OMF

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:54 pm

OMF wrote:Hi

I have no way of cancelling it as there is no bet ref value. Essentially, it does not know there is even a previous bet placed outstanding, thats what i need it to do.

There's plenty of CANCEL triggers to choose from, not all need the exact reference , you can even cancel every unmatched bet in the market by using CANCEL-ALL-MARKET then fire off your greening routine.

The MyBets sheet shows details of all bets whether or not they've been placed by that particular excel sheet, so you can recreate the market exactly with all bet refs etc. There's a green up sheet somewhere on the forum gary did before the greenup CLOSEC trigger came out. Maybe consider using the CLOSEC trigger as it will level green/red the runner and close outstanding bets first.
Captain Sensible

Return to Help