I have broken Log Multiple Sheets Quicklink

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

I have broken Log Multiple Sheets Quicklink

Postby Happy Harry » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:24 am

I think this one is my fault entirely and I think the problem might have been caused by manually moving a couple of entries around in the Documents>BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt file while BA was already open. I was just re-ording the sequence they loaded.

What is now happening is that when I try and use the Log Multiple Sheets Quicklink the first Excel File opens and everything stops. Looking along the task bar under the Excel Tab instead of the "Disconnect Log Current Prices" being ticked and the "Trigger Betting Enabled" also being ticked for that first sheet only the first box is ticked. And none of the other sheets load.

Restoring a known good version of BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt does not work.

Downloading and repairing BA from the Web Site does not work. I have not tried an uninstall yet as there are a lot of things set that I dont want to lose built up over many years.

Sorry to be a nuisance but I dont seem to be able to fix it. For today have just done the New Page and link a sheet to get up and running.

Thanks

HH
Happy Harry

Re: I have broken Log Multiple Sheets Quicklink

Postby alrodopial » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:21 am

I think a new profile is the easiest you can do.
Set it the way you want
alrodopial

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:19 pm

You cannot break Betting Assistant by editing this file so the problem must be BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt. The last known good version must also have some issue. If you email BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt to admin@gruss-software.co.uk we can send you back a fixed version. You could also just delete the file and recreate the file from scratch within Betting Assistant.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Happy Harry » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:51 pm

OK sorted it out. Called "Operator Error" and a good example of how to get caught by the unexpected and too much familiarity.

The sequence of events was that I edited the "BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt" - just moving a couple of sheets around in the order. Then fired up BA and the Excel Quick Link and it loaded the first sheet and then stopped. The first sheet it loaded happened to be set to not currently trigger bets but I had forgotten that. So the normal two check boxs was only one which was the start of being lead down the garden path. Obviously nothing like a bit of pressure as the first race for the day was a couple of minutes away .....

The problem and this has been set for many years so I was looking at the screen and didn't even notice it was that the little checkbox on the bottom of the Excel Quick Link that says "Open additional tabs when required" had become unchecked. The effect was that only the first sheet in the list loaded and then BA stopped loading anything more. Doing exactly what it was supposed to but the effect was of looking everywhere except where the problem was because I had not deliberately unchecked that box. Probably just a fluke of the mouse going over it at the wrong time.

Wasted a lot of time about nothing.

HH
Happy Harry

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:28 am

Happy Harry wrote:,........ Obviously nothing like a bit of pressure as the first race for the day was a couple of minutes away .....

HH

Try to remember when you're botting there's no such thing as a first race as there's always another 30 or so the next day, 200 next week etc. I've been there and as soon as you realise there's thousands of race you'll do the pressure worrying about individual races disappears and your betting will become a lot less stressful.

Not trying to tell granny how to suck eggs but for people starting out you have to realise each race is immaterial compared to the amount you'll end up playing.
Captain Sensible

Return to Help