"LAY IN PLAY" triggers twice

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

"LAY IN PLAY" triggers twice

Postby dealbanker » Sun May 14, 2023 3:00 am

Hello

I have BA set at auto select markets > Wait until schedules off of preceding race.

If I have a Lay in play submitted for the race, when it moves to the next race, the same cell immediately triggers Lay in play again.

I have set CLEAR for both auto and manual mkt select

I am using cell formulas and have tries both CLEAR or just ""

Any clues on where I may be going wrong?
dealbanker

Re: "LAY IN PLAY" triggers twice

Postby alrodopial » Sun May 14, 2023 7:35 am

Post the formulas to check them
alrodopial

Postby dealbanker » Sun May 14, 2023 9:11 am

=IF(Sheet1!T5<>"","LAY-IP",IF(T5<>"","CLEAR",IF(AK$1<0.0001041666,"",IF(T6<>"","",""))))
dealbanker

Postby dealbanker » Sun May 14, 2023 9:15 am

Sorry, I typed that incorrectly should be =IF(Sheet1!T5<>"","LAY-IP",IF(T5<>"","CLEAR",IF(AK$1<0.0001041666,"",""))))
dealbanker

Postby alrodopial » Sun May 14, 2023 5:34 pm

dealbanker wrote: Wait until schedules off of preceding race

I just noticed it, what do you want to do in the next race/races????
Not place any further bet?
alrodopial

Postby dealbanker » Sun May 14, 2023 10:12 pm

There are some cell criteria in the sheet and if they are met, trigger a Back wager
The aim is to Back at 10 seconds before the expected start time, and it does.
This then immediately triggers a Lay on the same runner in sheet2 and let that remain in play, which it does nicely.
(The Back cell in sheet1 clears within 1 second.)
However when GRUSS moves to the next race and creates that fresh sheet of data, the same cell that just triggered the lay, will do it again in the next race. There is no reason for this to happen, the Back wager has cleared 9 seconds in sheet1before the change of race.
dealbanker

Postby alrodopial » Mon May 15, 2023 5:34 am

If I got it right you have the same market in sheet1 and sheet2
Then before any lay bet in sheet2 just check if the market names are the same in sheet1 and 2
=IF(Sheet1!A1 = Sheet2!A1, .......your formula goes here exactly as you post it.... , "")
alrodopial

Postby alrodopial » Mon May 15, 2023 5:38 am

I don't know if the order of the runners are the same 100% in sheets 1 and 2,
For win/place market it is not guaranteed but for the same market?
alrodopial

Postby dealbanker » Mon May 15, 2023 7:24 am

Let me try this description of the sequence:

Sheet1 is for BACK and sheet2 is for LAY.
Same WIN market

10 secs before the off -
Sheet1 BACK submitted in column Q
When cell in column T on same row has data, cell in column Q CLEARs.

At the same time as Sheet1 T cell has data, it triggers a LAY-IP in Sheet2, based on the same same runners (Q cell sheet1)

All good so far, sheet1 has cleared it's Back cell in Sheet1 and triggered the Lay bet in Sheet2.

Lay bet in Sheet2 has cleared as the market changes to the next race.

GRUSS flips to the next race - blank sheets for a moment and then new data for this next race.

As soon as that data fills the sheets, Sheet1 column Q is fully blank, waiting for the flag cell indicating 10 secs to the off, for the next Back selection.

However, the LAY-IP from the previous race has immediately appeared again in Sheet2, in exactly the same cell as the previous race.

HTH
dealbanker

Postby alrodopial » Mon May 15, 2023 7:58 am

The way I understand it:
two cases:
1. Market in Sheet 2 has just changed (but not in sheet1),
your formula in sheet2 reads the column T in sheet1 if it's not blank (bet reff for the back bet)
and because it is not it fires the unwanted bet.
So the bet reff in sheet1 (column T) has not cleared, how do you clear sheet1 bet reffs?
I assume with a formula in sheet1, column Q? what is this formula?
2. If market changes firstly in sheet1 and with "clear" enabled for the market change you will not have unwanted bet because sheet1!T column will be emptied by betting assistant, so no firing in sheet2

Still , what I suggested solves the problem no matter what tab changes market first (i think!)
alrodopial

Postby dealbanker » Mon May 15, 2023 8:19 am

Thanks for that sensible answer, alro.

Racing has just finished here, so i'll give it a crack tomorrow.
dealbanker

Postby alrodopial » Mon May 15, 2023 6:59 pm

Don't try to clear bet reff in sheet1 using any formula, let betting assistant clear the cells at market change.
You will avoid the rare case of bet reff in sheet1 be cleared before formula in sheet2 reads this cell so no lay bet placed from sheet2
Just compare cells A1
alrodopial

Postby dealbanker » Tue May 16, 2023 4:08 am

Thank you alro.

problem solved. removed CLEAR from the trigger and as you suggested, let the CLEAR in the GRUSS settings do the work, and it worked.
Much appreciated.
dealbanker

Postby dealbanker » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:02 pm

I thought the problem was solved but still having problems with this.

Everything else working perfectly. The Back bet triggers and this triggers the LAY-IP bet when that is done. (Back trigger cell empties and a bet reference appears.)
There is no trigger showing in the cell that just submitted a LAY-IP but there is the bet reference of PENDING still in the sheet when it flips to the next race.
GRUSS moves to the next race at the official time.
That same cell from the previous race has then somehow immediately triggered a LAY-IP in the next race as soon as it opens. This does not occur with every race that has wagers submitted, just occasionally during the day, which means I have to jump into the browser to cancel it.
This is killing my chances of automation.

Any ideas on what may be happening
dealbanker

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:57 pm

As was mentioned previously. Both sheets won't necessarily change to the next market at the same time so include a check that you have the same market on both sheets when triggering the lay bet. Your formula could be something like the following:-

Code: Select all
=IF(AND(Sheet1!T5<>"",Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1),"LAY-IP",IF(T5<>"","CLEAR",IF(AK$1<0.0001041666,"",""))))
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Next

Return to Help