Excel Additional Columns not stored

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel Additional Columns not stored

Postby MollyMoo » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:39 pm

I've just finished an Excel bot for another user which works fine on my PC but he has the problem that, when he ticks the Additional Columns in the Excel connection window, the data for those columns aren't appearing in Excel. If he disconnects Excel and then reconnects all the Additional Columns are unticked.

I've connected remotely to his PC and all his settings are exactly as mine. We uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Gruss with no improvement.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.
MollyMoo

Re: Excel Additional Columns not stored

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:24 am

Did you tick "Enabled triggered betting"? This is the most common issue.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:28 am

Also if it's not storing settings maybe there is an issue with the settings file.

1) Select "Open settings folder" from the options menu.
2) Close Betting Assistant
3) Delete the file named user.config
4) Restart Betting Assistant
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby MollyMoo » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:32 am

Thanks, Gary. Yes - Enable triggered betting is ticked - as I say, his settings are identical to mine and the bot works fine on my PC.

I'll try deleting the user.config file and report back.
MollyMoo

Postby MollyMoo » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:56 pm

So we tried deleting the config file but that made no difference.

From the user:

gruss before i click browse to get the bot
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/w6zb858woxa1vd9jn3kt3/Gruss1.png?rlkey=uffkqaw7n6w8vb7mwtji3nv32&dl=0
[/img]

AFTER I BROWSE..ADDITIONAL BOX TICKS GONE

I have an inkling it might have something to do with his using Office 365. I know 365 messes with the folder structure of a PC, so we tried moving the Excel workbook and reinstalling Gruss to the main C: directory. Still no joy and the Additional columns and Process triggers for full stream all clear after he browses to the Excel bot.
MollyMoo

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:39 am

Apologies. I didn't realise the exact order of actions. It must have been like this for some time and I will fix it. There is a simple solution though. Browse first then tick the options and click ok button to establish link to Excel. The options will be applied and saved correctly.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby MollyMoo » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:27 pm

That worked. Thanks Gary.
MollyMoo

Return to Help