UPDATESTAKE chronology

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

UPDATESTAKE chronology

Postby enery » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:24 pm

Hi Y'all, I am just using "LAY-F0" at the moment but i find i need to use "UPDATESTAKE". I have had a look supposedly everywhere but i cannot find an example of a formula with it being used. I think there will be a "CLEAR" in there somewhere but i will have to bow to other peoples superior knowledge. So i just require an example formula with something like "LAY-F0-UPDATESTAKE" or which ever way.
Thanks Enery
enery

Re: UPDATESTAKE chronology

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:38 am

Why would you try to update stakes using a trigger with -F0? Surely with the fill or kill at zero it would mean the bet is either matched or cancelled so they'd be no remaining bet to update stakes on.
Captain Sensible

Postby enery » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:20 pm

Hi and thanks,
I am getting situations where i want say £1 on and get .50p matched so i really want something that tells the software to put another .50p on, i thought i needed to use UPDATESTAKE somewhere? The instructions say it will void the cell and put that extra .50p on, or so i thought
Thanks for your reply and your input in general
enery

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:08 pm

Yep my understaning is that the UPDATESTAKE trigger would only work on an unmatched bet, if you use F0 it basically cancels any unmatched portion. You'd need to resubmit bets if you wanted more matched, column W would show the matched stake so could use that to calculate any new bet. Even if there was a trigger to replace that missing stake it wouldn't mean it'd be matched as the price may have long gone.

Maybe extend the fill and kill to a few seconds to get more of a chance of the bet being matched depending on what strategy you're using.
Captain Sensible

Postby enery » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:39 pm

Hmmm, Back to the drawing board, yes i understand what you are saying i just thought it was a magic bullet
Thanks
enery

Return to Help