Excel trigger bets

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel trigger bets

Postby Dedes » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:57 am

Hi,

I would like to know how to trigger a bet after loading the market I wish to Excel.

What I do is I open Bet Trader, choose a market where I wish to place my bets. Then I make my bets. After that I choose to log current prices to Excel to make some math. After finding my magic numbers (odds and stake) I wish to set up a trigger for that stake. How do I do it?

I've writen in the stake and odds columm on Excel the numbers but nothing happens. So, I guess it need some code.

Can you help me please?

Thanks
Dedes

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:52 am

You need to enter the trigger in the trigger column to the left of the stake and odds. The triggers you will need are:-

BACK
LAY

The triggers must be in capitals. Try it with small amounts first.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Dedes » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:29 pm

Ok, I'm going to try it out.

I would like to make some more question:

Is it possible to make conditional bets?? What I mean is this:

For instance, I place a bet at certain odds in the market waiting to be placed and only if this first order is matched a second order folows. Both orders are user defined.
I think many people will find this very useful.

Can I send bets from Excel directly to the market? I've made an Excel spreasheet with a system. This system makes some math and gives some magic numbers I need but then I have to copy all the figures to BetTrade place the bets in the market. This takes times and sometimes when I finally have the numbers on BetTrader the oportunity is already gone. Can you help me with this?

Many thanks, and great job. Because of you and also studying VBA
Dedes

Postby GeorgeUK » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:00 pm

You can enable triggered betting to place bets directly from excel.

Lets say you wanted to back teamA and if their odds went down, lay them

You could use a formula =if(and(first bet completed,current odds <= teamA odds -0.5), "LAY","")
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby Dedes » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:13 pm

GeorgeUK wrote:You can enable triggered betting to place bets directly from excel.

Lets say you wanted to back teamA and if their odds went down, lay them

You could use a formula =if(and(first bet completed,current odds <= teamA odds -0.5), "LAY","")

hI,

I've been looking to this formula. The formula will send a Lay order to the market if the conditions mentioned match but I must enter this formula after the BACk order is matched in the market right?

What I wanted to do is to make both bets automatic.

What about this formula: =IF(AND(F6=teamA odds,T6=0),BACK,IF(AND(T6=teamA odds,H6<TeamA odds -0.5),LAY,""))
Dedes

Return to Help