Excel Triggered Betting: Problems with Odds/Stake Format

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel Triggered Betting: Problems with Odds/Stake Format

Postby DiRa » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Good Afternoon everybody !

First of all, I´d like to say a big "Thank you" to Garry for providing this nice piece of software.

I am new to this forum and came across the following issue when triggering bets with excel:

The ODDS and STAKE Column have the format "number, 2 decimals" - since I am using a german WIN XP / excel 2003 version the separator of number and decimals is "," , not ".".

But when triggering a bet the Betting Assistant is returning an "Error" and bet is placed at betfair.

Can someone please give me a hint, what format should be used and would work?
I have already tried with format "text" and giving odds and stakes in "x.xx" format - which did not work either.
Actually Betting Assitant is displaying Odds in "xx,x" , Betfair GUI shows odds as "xx.x" when I am logged in.

I guess that my problem might be due to the mix of OS languange settings, maybe the dot.net language version, and how betting assistant and betfair handles decimals ???

Thanks for any help

Kindest

DiRa
DiRa

Postby Ian » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:50 pm

You must use the ROUND function in Excel if you are calculating the stake in any way. Just formatting the cell doesn't work.
Ian

Postby DiRa » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:06 pm

Thanks Ian,

reinstalled dot.net and I am using ROUND function now.

Since I am mostly betting on soccer, I tried several markets and placing bets out of excel did work for all of them - except the TOTAL GOALS market.

For this market I always get an Error back and the Betting Assistant displays "Processing..." - and after a while a popup with "There was a problem placing bet".
I have no clue why this happens and only on this market...

Anybody got an idea ?

DiRa
DiRa

Return to Help