Cancel All from Excel

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Cancel All from Excel

Postby Mitch » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:40 am

I may have missed something in the huge thread, but is there a trigger to cancel all unmatched bets from Excel?

If not, would it be a huge job to add one?

Thanks,
Mitch
Mitch

Postby Dedes » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:45 pm

I think "CLEAR" solves your problem. Just write it on the Trigger columm.

I0m trying to create a formula that just clears the Bet Ref number but I'm unable to find it.
Dedes

Postby Dedes » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:42 am

Well I think you're right! There isn't a way to cancel all the unmatched bets from Excel :cry:
Dedes

Postby thunderfoot » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:21 pm

Dedes wrote:I think "CLEAR" solves your problem. Just write it on the Trigger columm.

I0m trying to create a formula that just clears the Bet Ref number but I'm unable to find it.

Dede's,

Giving the Bet Ref. Column a Named Range and use a macro to automatically clear this Named Range, should do what you want!!

Ian D.
thunderfoot

Postby Ian M » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:15 pm

This should be easy as I use CANCEL in every horse race. I have a formula in the trigger field which sets the field to LAY when the race goes in play, then changes to CANCEL when my criteria have been met. It works every time.
Marshy
Ian M

Postby Mitch » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:03 am

Yes, at the moment I have a loop in a macro that does the job of cancelling all the bets that I want to cancel, and it works fine. I just wondered if it would be easy to add another keyword to do it since there is a button already in the BA application.
Mitch

Postby Dedes » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:57 pm

Let me see if I understand:

If you're betting on a market and you've donne a couple of bets. Suppose the first bet is matched the second isn't (all the bets on the same team/runner). You wish to cancel the unmatched bet. How do you do it?

for this I've thought on a Macro that copies all the info from all the bets and pastes it on a cell where I also have a cancel button. When I wish to cancel this bet I click on that button and the Macro copies back the info from the bet and writes CANCEL on the trigger collum.

But If the bet is partial matched there's a second ref bet. How do you cancel the unmatched part of the bet? For this I haven't an answer.

Any help?
Dedes

Postby Mitch » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:00 am

What you describe is basically what I do except I copy unmatched bet information to a userform.

When you want to cancel a bet you don't need all the bet info, just the CANCEL trigger and the bet ref.
If part of the bet is matched you don't get a second reference, any of the stake that isn't matched (i.e. the amount you originally bet less whatever comes up in column T) is cancelled.
Mitch

Return to Help