Canceling Bets

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Canceling Bets

Postby Dedes » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:55 pm

Hi,

I've been developing a program on Excel based on BA to trigger bets. My idea is to use it on horse racing. I've donne must of the work but now I've realized that I have a major problem: It's with the bets canceling.

I could just jump from to Excel to BA to cancel bets but this would be time demanding and on horse racing time is very important. I've also thought on a couple of Macros to do the work and for now I think I'm going to stick with it.

But does any of you have canceling systems from Excel? How do you use them?

Thanks in advance,
Dedes
Dedes

Postby Mitch » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:56 pm

Are you actually cancelling a bet, or clearing the bet details once it has been placed?
Are you using a macro or formula to place the bets at the moment and what do you have so far.
If you could post what you have so far (put *** where your criteria are if you don't want to show them) I should be able to help you.
Mitch

Postby Dedes » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:26 pm

Mitch,

The latest file I'm working on does the following:

After you place a bet (this is done by a Macro) the Bet Ref becomes a number. Here a Macro runs to CLEAR the cells. But before clearing it copies the details of that bet because in order to make "CANCEL" work you need to put the detail back on its place.

There's no formula here only Macros.

I would like to see on Excel the same information BA has about orders and to have the same flexibility to cancel them.

Can you help me?
Dedes

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:34 pm

I know what you mean, but not sure exactly what you want.

As I understand it, you have bets placed by a macro and when the reference is returned, you copy the details to a log and clear the bet details from the selection line.

Will you decide if and when to cancel a bet, or will the macro decide?
Do you need your list of bets placed to update with amounts and odds matched as the bet manager in BA does?
Mitch

Return to Help