Help, I'm a complete newbie :(

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Help, I'm a complete newbie :(

Postby Meddler » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:05 am

I've used Betfair on and off for a couple of years and recently stumbled on the Betting Assistant. For standard backing/laying I love the software, but I'm confused about a couple of issues.

My main confusion lies in the Dutching function. Could someone please explain in layman terms

a) What does the term Dutching mean and how does it work in practice.
    b) How do I make use of Dutching in, for example, a horse race

Thanks in advance.

Meddler
Meddler

Postby Mitch » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:13 am

Dutching means backing more than 1 selection to provide an equal profit if any of the wins.

The downside obviously is that you are getting a lot worse odds than backing an individual selection.
Try selecting 2 or more horses in the Dutch column. You will see the back stake for each runner change, and the Dutching button will turn green and display the total stake when a bet is possible.
Mitch

Postby Meddler » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:24 am

Thanks Mitch for the speedy reply.

That's how I was starting to understand it.

I also get the reduced odds syndrome :(

Is there any Dutching available for the lay side of the equation?

Or would that be an Excel job - happy days - haven't played with Excel in anger for a couple of years.

On a complete aside, a huge thank you to Gary for creating a piece of software that (so far) has covered all my gripes with the Betfair website interface. Lovely stuff.

Meddler
Meddler

Postby Mitch » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:48 pm

You're right, if you want to dutch on the lay side you'd have to use Excel (or a calculator and very fast fingers) for that.
Mitch

Postby Ian » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:25 pm

Using the 'Payout' option on the main Betfair site is the same as 'dutching' for lays.
Ian

Return to Help