"CLEAR" clears what?

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

"CLEAR" clears what?

Postby thunderfoot » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:10 pm

On the EXCEL triggered betting I thought the "CLEAR" trigger in Col. N cleared the line from Col. N to Col. U.

I've tried my triggered betting in EXCEL and it keeps placing the bet :cry:. Am I right in saying it only clears the line from Col. Q to Col. U or have I done something wrong??
thunderfoot

Postby Ian » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:42 pm

The CLEAR trigger only clears cols Q & R - how could it clear N to P ? - thats where your formulas are. S & T remain as they are until a new bet is triggered when they are zeroised. Col U contains the P/L of all matched bets - unrelated to anything in the Bet Ref Col.
Ian

Postby thunderfoot » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:24 pm

Ian,

Thanks for clearing (no pun intended) that up. I don't have formulae in Cols N to P, I use VB to populate these, therefore these figures were remaining after CLEAR was triggered.

I've tried using CANCEL in Col. N to cancel Unmatched Bets as I thought that's what this trigger did in Col. N but Bet Assistant & Betfair still showed them ...... therefore does CANCEL actually do anything???!!! Can bets be cancelled via EXCEL or do you have to keep Bet Assistant 'viewable' and cancel bets using this???
thunderfoot

Postby Ian » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:53 pm

I think I've got confused between CLEAR and CANCEL - it's CANCEL I was referring to above. I've tried using CLEAR - all it does is clears the entries in cols Q & R without sending the cancel to BF. If you are using VB then I would ignore CLEAR as you can blank the cells in your code as neccessary. In fact, I don't see any use for the CLEAR trigger at all.

The CANCEL trigger definitely works correctly - I use it all the time for in-running bets on the football. You must have a bet ref in col Q for it to work.
Ian

Postby thunderfoot » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:02 pm

Ian wrote:You must have a bet ref in col Q for it to work.

That's logical, and is probably the reson why I think CANCEL did not work .... I was using CLEAR then CANCEL!!! :oops: :oops:

Cheers Ian.
thunderfoot

Postby thunderfoot » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:55 am

One thing I have discovered about CANCEL is that if you are logged-in to BA & BF, BACK/LAY will trigger bets into BA & BF, if you then use CANCEL this will cancel bets in BA but they won't be cancelled in BF ........ eeeek!! :shock:

Anyone else found this? .... or am I doing something stupid?

I have BF open as a 'back-up' in case anything goes wrong with BA.

I've had a 'play' with CLEAR & CANCEL. The difference between CLEAR & CANCEL is that although they both clear the entries in Col. Q & R, CANCEL will cancel an unmatched bet (at least through to BA!!) but CLEAR will leave the unmatched bet valid in BA therefore enabling you to 'tick' trade in the opposite direction. If you only use CANCEL you might be missing 'tick' trade oppourtunities, as you could be cancelling a bet before it's been matched, not realising it, then placing an opposite trade ..... with nothing to trade against!!!
thunderfoot

Return to Help