ba.placebet help needed

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

ba.placebet help needed

Postby spliffcity » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi,

I am having a problem trying to use COM for the placebet function. I recieve an automation error.

code is:
Code: Select all
ret = ba.placeBet(0, "L", 1.01, 2)

I have also tried the "Test Back" button code on the Test_BA_COM.xls spreadsheet. This returns an error of "input string in wrong format"

Anyone have some working code I can use? Has something changed in the function which I've missed?

Cheers
Mark.
spliffcity

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:42 pm

If you select References from the Tools menu in the VBA editor does there appear to be anything wrong?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby spliffcity » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:13 pm

hi gary,

I checked this - seems fine.

Strange, as this is the only function that is not working. I have already initialised ba and am using openmarket, getprices and pricedupdated with no problem.

my version is 1.1.0.41 if that helps.

cheers
mark.
spliffcity

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Yes, the fact you are using version 1.1.0.41 does give a clue. Did you uninstall the previous version using the control panel before you installed it? It's important that it's uninstalled first. Try uninstalling it then re-install using the link below (now version 1.1.0.44)

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... a_Test.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby spliffcity » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:15 pm

still no joy. Have uninstalled and re-installed v44. Same error.

Have tried on multiple PC's - vista & win2k8 server.
the error is "runtime error -2146233033 (80131537)

happening on the test_ba.xls and my spreadsheet. Using test ba, the error also states "input string not in a correct format"

appreciate the help.[/img]
spliffcity

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:33 pm

I am looking into it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:48 pm

It looks like I didn't build the installation package correctly. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please uninstall and download it again.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby spliffcity » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:37 am

yep, that fixed it.

no problem gary, thanks again for the help.

nice to know i wasn't going mad!
spliffcity

Return to Help