Results sheet cross contamination

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Results sheet cross contamination

Postby Yorkie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi all

I'm running a few ideas which means i am backing and laying the same selections at the same time. The triggers work fine but the results sheets are occasionally getting the wrong data put into them. Each "system" has it's own trigger and results sheet in the 1 workbook, each sheet has a completely different name but some of the back results are ending up in the lay results sheet and vice versa. Sometimes the result appears in both results sheets.
As the next stake for each system depends on the previous result, getting the wrong result entered in the results sheet makes a mess of things big time.

Any ideas why this happens and what i can do about it?

Currently using version 1.1.0.42

Cheers
Yorkie

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:15 am

You must select a different results worksheet for each worksheet that you are triggering bets from. For example if you are triggering bets from Sheet1 and Sheet2 then you need to select Sheet3 for the results from Sheet1 and Sheet4 for the results from Sheet2. You cannot select Sheet3 to log the results from Sheet1 and Sheet2 otherwise you will have the problem.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Yorkie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:30 am

That is exactly what i am doing Gary

Trigger sheet 1 has a results sheet 1, trigger sheet 2 has a results sheet 2 and so on. This is not happening all the time. Yesterday for example there was 1 occasion when a lay bet result appeared in the back results sheet and 1 occasion when a back bet result appeared in both results sheets. The rest of the time everything was correct.

Keith
Yorkie

Postby Yorkie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:31 am

p.s.

All the sheets are within the same workbook, but all trigger sheets have their own results sheets.
Yorkie

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:30 am

Are back and lay bets being placed at the same time on the same selection at any point?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Yorkie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 am

yes

would i be better making them a second apart?

still shouldn't put the bet ref etc in the wrong results sheet tho should it?
Yorkie

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 am

Sorry, I've just read your message again and it's the first thing you say. Please leave it with me, there may be something causing this issue. I didn't really expect people to be betting on the same selection at the same time from different worksheets.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:40 am

What happens is the bet ref is usually logged immediately from the response to the bet placement request. If for some reason this cannot happen it will attempt to log it on the next refresh, it will then compare the list of bets (for the whole market) from the previous refresh and assume that a new ref is the bet just placed, but in your case it could be from either worksheet. I am going to add a safeguard to check the bet type (back or lay). I will send you a link to downloaded the update shortly.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Yorkie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:45 am

Cheers Gary
Yorkie

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:57 am

Please download the latest version (1.1.0.53) from the link below. I have added the extra check.

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... t_Beta.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Yorkie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:14 pm

no problems today gary so hopefully you cracked it :-)
Yorkie

Return to Help