Has the tick offset changed

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:55 am

Sorry it's taking so long. The reason why I made it wait until fully matched was because the initial lay bet can get converted to SP if not matched before the market turns in play. When this happens the stake becomes liability so the stake changes. This was not compatible with the way the code handles tick offset bets. I have changed the code but need to do some testing which involves trying to get a partially matched lay before the market goes in play to see if it is handled correctly which will be quite tricky. I hope you appreciate I can't release an update until it has been tested as you've seen what can happen with my previous cock ups :wink:
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Any news on this Gary ? I'm quite happy to test it as I'm bound to come across any problems quicker than you might as I'd be trading all day with it.

When I've had unmatched bsp bets go in play in the past it's never been a problem as BA seems to calculate any offset stake based on the stake matched rather than initial stake input.

Only a couple of things I'd suggest you need to do which would comply with betfairs minimum stakes for both backing and laying from a programming point shouldn't be hard to implement dependant on your current code.

One other thing I noticed is regarding the updating of minimum bets not sure if you've covered the 15 bet update limitation in your code for UpdateBetsReq.

Just PM me if you need any further info etc
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:00 am

I will release an update later today. Sorry for the delay.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:48 pm

I'm still not quite ready to release the next version yet, but I have PM'd you with a link to the latest build so you can try it out.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help