Auto select markets

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Auto select markets

Postby GeorgeUK » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:07 pm

I am writing some code in excel to automatically place bets and tried the autoselect markets. This updates the worksheet to the new race that was in the "quick pick" selection, but if a race was still running and had not yet been suspended - say 11:40 and the next race was 11:50 in the quick pick list, would the first race be abandoned part way through if it didn't finish 'til 11:51?

ie
11:40 race - worksheet updated and bets placed 'til end of race
11:50 - 11:40 race was still running (late start)
11:51 - 11:40 race suspended, 11:50 race details entered into spreadsheet

or does the auto select market just replace the new race data irrespective of any other races?

ie
11:40 race - worksheet updated and bets placed inrunning 'til end of race
11:50 - 11:40 race was still running (late start), but 11:50 details entered into worksheet

thanks
George
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:26 pm

From my experience it just jumps to the next market dependant on the time you set regardless if the race is suspended/IN play or not even started.
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:55 pm

If you have a good connection and fast PC you could try adding a separate page in BA for each card each linked to a separate worksheet. This way it would only be a problem if the races are half hour late.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GeorgeUK » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:10 pm

Thanks for that.

What i might try is staggering the races, alternating between 2 cards so that one can still run at the same time as the next if there is a delay. i'll just alter the code to be worksheet specific and hopefully that'll do it. :D

cheers
George
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby Mitch » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:47 pm

Gary, I didn't realise it was possible to export different markets to different Excel sheets, only different selections within the same race.

Am I missing something easy?
Mitch

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:54 pm

Just click on New page on the menu at the top of the screen. A new tab page will appear. The new page is independent of the first page and can be set to log to a different sheet on Excel. Just select a different market and different worksheet and away you go.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Mitch » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:36 am

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

never thought of that..... thank you.

Just for that I will go and find an avatar :D
Mitch

Postby Dickbee » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:08 am

Arharrr as the man said.

Can I check this will work OK?

If I open 2 pages both in the same market & link each of them to the same Excel sheet. One starting in row 1 & the second one in row 21 can I now simutaneously place say a Back Bet in one & a Lay Bet in the other, or is something going to screw up? Other than me trying to sort it all out. :)
Dickbee

Postby Ian » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:31 am

I've suggested putting them to separate worksheets in another thread but I don't see any reason why your method wouldn't work .... except if you change to an event with more than 16 or so runners ?
Ian

Postby Dickbee » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:09 pm

Thanks Ian

Yes I saw the separate worksheet proposal. It was puting that together with this thread that sparked the idea.

I just find it easier to do as much as possible in one sheet if formula are interreacting. Easier than switching betwen sheets. Understand the number of horses issue. A better proposal would be to have one market linked to A11 & the second one to AA11 ( We will allow Gary some room for additional data :D )

Have also found that puting my calcs in Rows 1 to 10 works best.
Dickbee

Return to Help