Tick offset help

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Tick offset help

Postby andak fedal » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:12 pm

I had a lay at 1.25 with a tick offset of 10 ticks but even though the price went out to 1.4 it didn't lock me in profit. I didn't wait all that long before cancelling because thought I could get more but any ideas why it didn't trigger?

I need to make sure this program will lock me in profit while I'm at work you see!

Thanks
andak fedal

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Was your 1.25 lay even taken as you state you cancelled it ?
Captain Sensible

Postby andak fedal » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:15 pm

yes, the lay was matched way before the match started but the ten tick offset didn't trigger even though the price went over 1.35.. not sure why.
andak fedal

Postby orange » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:27 pm

yes, the lay was matched way before the match started

Was the offset cancelled as the match went in play?

If so keep in play
orange

Postby andak fedal » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:42 pm

how would I know if it was cancelled? The green tick for tick offset was there and I also had the red stop loss button still on so this was still active.

Maybe I cancelled out too quickly and hopefully it would have been matched eventually??
andak fedal

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:15 am

Did you set the tick offset and stop loss options before placing the bet? You cannot set them afterwards. These features do work, I really don't think your problem was due to a bug. You could have checked the transaction log under the accounts menu to see if the tick offset bet was placed if there was a chance it was cancelled due to suspension.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:31 am

You can check under "My Account" on Betfair's website to see if a bet was placed and cancelled as the market went in play.

1) Go to My Account
2) Select "Betting History"
3) Select "Lapsed" in the bet status drop down
4) Change the period
5) Click get history
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby andak fedal » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:17 am

Thanks Gary, yep, I'll check the transactions and look on Betfair too. I definitely did them before I placed the bet this time as I made this mistake last time.

Come to think of it there was only ever one bet (the matched one) at the bottom and there should have been a back in waiting I think. I more than likely messed something up as I'm still of n00b status!

I'm at work now but will reveal what I find this evening.

Thanks all.
andak fedal

Postby andak fedal » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:33 pm

I can confirm that the bet was in waiting but it just didn't get matched straight away that's all. Gruss ftw!

One more thing I 'm a bit confused about is the level profit button, this doesn't always level my profit (always put me green tho) and it's not because some amounts are unmatched...

what are the rules for this? does it matter which player you click on for level profit? It seems to change slighly if you hover over the opposite level profit player?

Thanks
andak fedal

Postby GaryRussell » Fri May 01, 2009 11:06 am

I have added details of how the green up is calculated to the FAQ.
See http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3444

The golden rule is the level profit column is showing what your position will be should you click it. If you are not happy with the position it shows then do not click it.

After the green up bet is placed it can be different to the future position that was displayed if the odds change just as your bet is being placed, eg. the green up bet is a back bet and you get a better price than it requested.

does it matter which player you click on for level profit? It seems to change slighly if you hover over the opposite level profit player?

The last paragraph in the FAQ should answer this question.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby andak fedal » Tue May 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Thanks for this btw, most helpful.
andak fedal

Return to Help