Triggers

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Triggers

Postby allaboutprofit » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:36 pm

HI

Can anyone tell me if the following trigger i have setup is correct:

LAY-TL12-IPC-SL5-L

What im trying to do is put a lay in just before the off with a back bet offset 12 ticks which is kept in play to try and green up, but if the odds go against the original lay by 12 ticks the stop loss kicks in.

Is the above ok or can it be made easier or improved?

Thanks
allaboutprofit

Postby allaboutprofit » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:53 pm

Typo

I meant LAY-TL12-IPC-SL12-L
allaboutprofit

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Yes, it's correct.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby allaboutprofit » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks Gary
allaboutprofit

Postby allaboutprofit » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Another question

Assuming the stop loss is triggered but then the odds drif out and the horse goes on to lose, how could i then catch the drift with the trigger ive posted above? Can i include something on the end for example

LAY-TL12-IPC-SL12-L-TL30

So that if the trigger is matched and then the horse drifts back out will this trigger a lay 30 ticks higher than the original stop loss like below?

original lay 5.0
Back bet 12 ticks higher at 6.4 but back bet not matched

stop loss kicks in and matched at 3.4 to take small loss
Horse drifts out and now want to lay at 30 ticks higher than stoploss 3.4 which is 5.8

Thanks
allaboutprofit

Postby GaryRussell » Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am

There isn't a trigger available to do this. What you want to do is quite complicated and will probably require some VBA code and will definitely need you to log to the MyBets worksheet (see the help file for details on logging your bets to the MyBets worksheet).

Your code would need to lookup the bet ref in column T in the MyBets worksheet and subsequent bets for the same selection to determine if the stop loss was fired and matched and what odds it was matched at.
I will be posting an example shortly of how MyBets can be used to calculate your current position. It will not provide a solution for your specific requirement, but it will give you an idea of what is involved.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby allaboutprofit » Fri May 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi Gary

Thanks, i always seem to ask the hardest questions :)

Cheers
allaboutprofit

Return to Help