Help With Trigger

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Help With Trigger

Postby negapo » Thu May 07, 2009 1:07 am

Hi,
I was trying some triggers and wanted to place Back/Lay bets with a tick offset, a stop loss sliding and that the bet to close the position went in play if needed. I came to this:
BACK-T1-SL5-SL-IPC

I have tried but with no success. I have code running along that can be the cause but i was wondering if the trigger itself is ok.
Thanks in advanced for any help.
negapo

Postby negapo » Thu May 07, 2009 1:35 am

I think my problem is that the opposite bet just gets triggered if 100% of the initial bet is matched. I sometimes cancel the remaining because the market conditions are not on my criteria. Is it possible to include a 0% matched criteria for the opposite bet?
negapo

Postby GaryRussell » Thu May 07, 2009 8:03 am

The opposite bet should get triggered when any amount is matched, it doesn't wait for 100% to be matched. The trigger is ok. What trigger do you use to cancel the remaining when your conditions are not met?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby negapo » Thu May 07, 2009 2:17 pm

Gary,
Thanks for the reply. I have tried the trigger in a blank sheet and worked fine but i have also confirmed again that in my original sheet (the one that has my strategy) it doesn't seem to work.
I use BACK-T1-SL5-SL-IPC and LAY-T1-SL5-SL-IPC, and this are the only two triggers to make bets. To cancel the bets i usually use CANCEL-ALL-BACK and CANCEL-ALL-LAY but sometimes i use CANCEL-ALL. I have several markets open and I'm building the BACK and LAY triggers, e.g. ="BACK-T"&F1&"-SL5-SL-IPC"
I cant figure it out.
Thanks for any help.
negapo

Postby GaryRussell » Thu May 07, 2009 3:07 pm

What exactly doesn't work? Are you saying the back bet is partially matched, but no tick offset is fired? Is this only happening if you use a cancel trigger? Are you sure it's not placing the tick offset bet and you are cancelling the offset bet with the cancel trigger? Have a look under the account menu, you can view a transaction log to see which bets have been placed.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby negapo » Fri May 08, 2009 4:13 pm

Everything was from my code, the triggers work just fine and everything related is ok.
Thanks for the help.
negapo

Return to Help