LAY QUESTION excel trigger

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

LAY QUESTION excel trigger

Postby Dmite036 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:20 am

I have a lay trigger set up at the moment where if my criteria is met, i lay if under $7.80.

This means i will take whatever is in the lay column under that price, even if the back column is a mile away from the lay price. Worst case scenario is i lay at $7.60 when the back price was only $6 for example.

Is there a way to request somewhere in between?

At the moment i am led to believe you can only grab whatever is in the lay column.
Dmite036

Postby Yorkie » Sun May 10, 2009 1:38 am

Hi

Depends how specific you want to get. You could simply enter something like =SUM(Z5+0.4) into the odds cell (R5) and it will fire your bet in at 0.4 above the current back price. Or you could have it fire the bet in at a set % above the current back price. There is no saying these would get taken tho.
In the above suggestion you would need =SUM(Z5+0.4) in cell R5, =SUM(Z6+0.4) in cell R6 etc
Yorkie

Postby Dmite036 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:39 am

Thanks yorkie, that has given me something to work with.
Dmite036

Postby Dmite036 » Sun May 10, 2009 6:59 am

I have ended up using

=SUM(F5+H5)/2

so in theory shooting of a lay request in between the current back and lay price. Might have to test it for a while but seems to be OK.
Dmite036

Postby Ian » Sun May 10, 2009 7:24 am

Ian

Postby Dmite036 » Sun May 10, 2009 11:47 am

Thanks for that Ian.

However when i cut and pasted that code into the 'Visual Basic Editor' (hope thats right), and when i put in =plusTicks(H5,2) in the Odds column, all i get is #NAME?

not sure what i've missed.
Dmite036

Return to Help