Stop Loss

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Stop Loss

Postby andak fedal » Fri May 22, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi,

How does the stop loss work if you kay a bet? I layed a bet at 1.22 and wanted to cut my losses if the player went to 1.05 so set my stop loss at 1.05. Wouldn't this make sense?

My lay won but when the oppo reached 1.05 it traded me out and I lost money! :evil:

So i guess it must be the odds of the oppo if you have layed but the odds of your player if you back??
andak fedal

Postby GaryRussell » Fri May 22, 2009 9:07 pm

It does not check the odds of the opponent. It checks the odds of the selection you layed. If the best lay odds of the selection you layed come down to 1.05 then the stop loss will be triggered. There would be absolutely no point in firing a stop loss if the opponents price was 1.05. If the opponents price was 1.05 when it fired the stop loss then your player's odds would have been around 20 (assuming a 2 player market). What stake and odds did the stop loss bet get matched at?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby andak fedal » Fri May 22, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks but I really can't work out why she would have ever reached 1.05.

I guess it could have happened in the tie-break at the end of set 2 as this would explain drastic change in the odds but she was already a set down and I can't see her trading down to 1.05 from 1.22 sp??

Thanks for your help
Brian
andak fedal

Postby GaryRussell » Fri May 22, 2009 10:35 pm

It must have. I cannot see anything wrong with the code, the lay price must have reached 1.05, however briefly. I assure you, it does not look at the opposing player's odds.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby andak fedal » Fri May 22, 2009 11:24 pm

I guess I must have messed up... I have had stop losses of 4.00 and 5.00 on other pages maybe I set it wrong even though I'm sure I remember typing 1.05...

Can you confirm whether it will actually allow a stop loss of 4/5 if you layed at 1.28? If it does maybe the software could be updated to stop idiots like me doing this. If it doesn't then I guess you are right at 1.05 must be reached!

Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this :)
andak fedal

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun May 24, 2009 12:17 am

It may have been the queue was cleared for some reason leaving the lay odds showing false odds of 1.05, like Garys says your betting history will show what odds you were matched at and betfairs data site will show you traded odds of that market if you want to see if 1.05 was actually traded on the player.

One of the reasons I never use the stop loss is due to false odds being displayed due to non runners etc and firing off on me when not needed.
Captain Sensible

Postby andak fedal » Sun May 24, 2009 7:29 pm

thanks, this is a possibility I guess.
andak fedal

Return to Help