Suppressing the ‘Error Loading Market’ Popup window

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Suppressing the ‘Error Loading Market’ Popup window

Postby nickh » Mon May 25, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi, I’m using Excel to cycle through various markets. On rare occasions BA throws up a window displaying a message something like ‘Error Loading Market’. This window requires clicking on before any further processing can happen. My logic in Excel can happily handle a market not loading, but I have to be around to click on the Error Window. Is there any way I can stop the window from being displayed, or code around it to perform a click on the window (something involving SENDKEYS perhaps, all very messy)?
Apologies if this question has been dealt with in the past, but I’m fairly new to BA and couldn’t find any existing threads on the subject.
Thanks in advance of any assistance.
nickh

Postby GaryRussell » Mon May 25, 2009 1:20 pm

I wasn't aware this was happening, it certainly isn't meant to. I will investigate and get back to you.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon May 25, 2009 1:25 pm

Are you sure this message appears when cycling through markets with -1 and -2, I don't see how it can. It would make more sense if you was seeing this error when using the triggers to refresh the list, ie. -3 and -4. Can you confirm if this is where you are actually getting this error?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby nickh » Mon May 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Yes, I do use a -3 to refresh the market list when I've reached the end of it.
nickh

Postby Castillo » Mon May 25, 2009 8:17 pm

GaryRussell wrote:Are you sure this message appears when cycling through markets with -1 and -2

Gary

This happens to me also VERY occasionally. As nickh pointed out it requires clicking to enable things to proceed. I quite often leave my spreadsheet running for long periods using -1 in cell Q2 to continue onto the next market, however on my return sometimes the popup window is displayed waiting for me to acknowledge it.

Would the TAB changing colour to say Yellow be better to show a failed market, with BA trying again in after 30 secs perhaps?

I think this is more prone to happening when the API is playing up or problems with the users ISP.
Castillo

Postby GaryRussell » Tue May 26, 2009 8:12 am

I am certain the problem is caused by a slow response when the quick pick list is refreshed by a trigger, not when an individual market is selected as those errors are already suppressed and it retries automatically. I just need to code the quick pick reload in a similar way. Please leave it with me.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby nickh » Tue May 26, 2009 4:57 pm

That's great. Many thanks.
nickh

Return to Help