api Excel window freeze & Help files access

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

api Excel window freeze & Help files access

Postby Fixador » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi - despite using at the beginning procedures:-
Code: Select all
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Application.EnableEvents = False: ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

and at the end
Code: Select all
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic: ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Application.EnableEvents = True

The screen flicker has got worse about 2 weeks ago : My BA preferences refresh has stayed the same 1 , and 2 secs

The cpu was nominal 5 -10 % , now it is 20 - 25% with one bot this pm

I'm beginning to wonder if i am suffering from an XP update , or an Excel 2003 update

I have heard of a windows api call to freeze the Excel screen - though finding one & deploying could be .............

Also noticed : about 2 weeks ago Excel vba help changed : It used to type in a search phrase - and kerpow - i instantly got a list

Now excel has to go through an install procedure for help - a small popup box shows intially

Have Microsoft been interfering again ?
Fixador

Return to Help