MARKETS NOT LOADING

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

MARKETS NOT LOADING

Postby kazzelli » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi

My markets are not loading today but they were fine yesterday. Is there
something I need to do?

I am logged in to Betfair and PC times are all correct etc.

Thanks

Karen
kazzelli

Postby MarkRussell » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi,

There are no problems with Betting Assistant.

Which version are you using?

And what markets are you trying to load?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby kazzelli » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi

I'm using version 1.1.0.62 and its the UK and Irish Horseracing on the standard interface that will not load today.

I noticed after posting this the ladder interface is working fine but I could do with the standard preferably.

Thanks

Karen
kazzelli

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:49 pm

What happens when you try to load the standard interface?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby kazzelli » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi

What's just happened is Betting Assistant stopped working and froze so had to restart computer but good news - its started up and both interfaces are now fine.

When not loading it was just blank with the race time and meeting showing and the countdown to relevant race counting down but everything else was just blank. I'd tried closing Betting Assistant and starting it again but no luck but since the restart of my PC its now fine so sorry about that.

Thanks for your help

Karen
kazzelli

Postby dgs2001 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:47 pm

I also had loading problems today.

I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del BA and restart as it reported not responding, this was at approx 1.37pm.

also when starting the program today I was presented with the old message about subscription charges increasing to £6 per month, dated 2008.

This happened twice, then there was a noticible delay of approx 45 seconds before any markets loaded to the quick pick list and everything seemed ok from then on.

This was on my laptop which does nothing except run BA and windows updates.

Duncan
dgs2001

Postby dgs2001 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Oh forgot to mention, whilst this delay was happening my pc's pointer had disappeared and the pc was completely unresponsive.

Duncan
dgs2001

Postby Ian » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:27 am

The above also happened to me on two different computers yesterday. Seems OK today.
Ian

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:08 am

There was a problem with our Fasthosts mySQL server which caused a delay in opening the program as it was trying to check for subscription information.

I have also since realised that the problem loadings markets was probably caused by a new feature I am working on. When you open a market it queries our sql server for standard race times which will be used to drive an in play race timer. This would have blocked program execution as it waits for a reply. I will change this so it does not block execution. Hopefully it won't be a problem until I fix it. Fasthosts are normally very reliable.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby dgs2001 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:45 am

Thanks Gary.

This sounds like an exciting new feature, both for traders and non traders alike.

Duncan
dgs2001

Return to Help