Laying at SP on or near race start time

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Laying at SP on or near race start time

Postby Judgie » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:22 am

I tried laying a "trial" lay bet to SP for £2 via Betfair and received an error message saying " error placing bet - invalid size". The object is to try to lay as near to the start time as possible so as not to have to be at home at the start of any given race...so

A/. what did I do wrong with my £2 bet to get the error message ...and
B/. how can I achieve my lay bet at SP at the start of the race please?

Thanks[/b]
Judgie

Postby milfor » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:05 am

I think the minimum is £10.
milfor

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:20 am

When you place an SP lay bet you are specifying liability, not stake. The minimum allowed liability by Betfair for SP bets is £10.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:59 am

A/. what did I do wrong with my £2 bet to get the error message ...and

Like Gary said the minimum liability has to be at least £10 for it to be matched in the SP pool

B/. how can I achieve my lay bet at SP at the start of the race please?

If you're taking SP why do you need to be laying as near to the start time as possible ? The SP odds will remain SP regardless of when you place the bet. You can specify the maximum odds you'll lay at when placing the bet via the website if you want to
Captain Sensible

Return to Help