Auto select Markets

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Auto select Markets

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:47 pm

Is there any trick to this it seems very hit and miss when I use it. Sometimes jups to the next market without any problems other times it just doesn't move especially when I've just spent 5 mins adding markets.

Anyone else have problems with it ?
Captain Sensible

Postby Dai_Young » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:25 pm

I have very occasional problems of a similar nature.

9 times out of 10 if I go through it step by step, adding each market and then setting the auto-select time, it works OK.

I've noticed that when it does stop working, there's no getting it back. You have to restart BA to get it going again.
Dai_Young

Postby thunderfoot » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:48 am

Dai_Young wrote:I have very occasional problems of a similar nature.

9 times out of 10 if I go through it step by step, adding each market and then setting the auto-select time, it works OK.

I've noticed that when it does stop working, there's no getting it back. You have to restart BA to get it going again.

I was going to create a new thread regarding exactly the same problem, until I saw this one.

I add all the Markets to Quick Pick list, then select Auto Select Markets ... and it don't work, and I've never been able to get it to work, and you're right "there's no getting it back". I have to go one step further and that is to re-boot my Laptop!!! It's not that I've got an 'old' system; using a new Dell Laptop which I bought 2/3 months ago; 1Gb Ram & 1.73 (I think) Processor, anyway it's a Dell Inspiron 9300 if you really want to see the full spec.!!!!

Dai, are you saying that you Auto Select Markets as you add each one to the Quick Pick list??
thunderfoot

Postby Dai_Young » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:23 pm

No, I just use a methodical approach thunder -- 1) Add all the markets I require to the quick pick list, 2) Click on the first market, 3) set the auto select time.

I very rarely have problems now. I find that rebooting after I have finished using BA and excel (I bet on US racing only so I don't need the program running 24 hours a day) helps a lot.

One thing I have noticed when running multiple instances of BA and excel is that even after you think you have closed the application it often remains open in the background (and is a real resource hog, incidentally). You can go into task manager and close it but rebooting seems to work better.
Dai_Young

Postby thunderfoot » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:18 pm

Dai_Young wrote:One thing I have noticed when running multiple instances of BA and excel is that even after you think you have closed the application it often remains open in the background (and is a real resource hog, incidentally). You can go into task manager and close it but rebooting seems to work better.

I note that when I open the Task Manager I have 6 instances of file called svchost.exe; UserNames shown as SYSTEM, NETWORK SERVICE & LOCAL SERVICE. Memory usage ranging from 3,000k+ to 31,000k+!! Are these the files that are staying open even though you think you've closed down BA?
thunderfoot

Postby Ian M » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:06 pm

Guys
I don't have any problems now and I found the trick was to select all the markets and add each to the quick pick, then auto select the market, BUT make sure the first race was not selected. It just seemed to work better and trigger the bets more reliably if the auto select had to load the first market as part of the process.

PS. don't touch anything in Task Manager if you are not sure what it is. If in doubt, look up the name of the task using Google and you will generally find a description of what it does if it is a system function.
Marshy
Ian M

Postby Dai_Young » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:07 pm

thunderfoot wrote:
Dai_Young wrote:One thing I have noticed when running multiple instances of BA and excel is that even after you think you have closed the application it often remains open in the background (and is a real resource hog, incidentally). You can go into task manager and close it but rebooting seems to work better.

I note that when I open the Task Manager I have 6 instances of file called svchost.exe; UserNames shown as SYSTEM, NETWORK SERVICE & LOCAL SERVICE. Memory usage ranging from 3,000k+ to 31,000k+!! Are these the files that are staying open even though you think you've closed down BA?

Under the 'processes' tab it's called Betfair Trading.exe, thunder. Prolly not a good idea to touch anything else in there as Ian M says.
Dai_Young

Return to Help