Cannot_accept_bet

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Cannot_accept_bet

Postby Daywalker » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi
this morning my bot placed a back bet but failed to place the tick offset or green/red up.
the log shows the back bet going in but then an api_error and two cannot_accept_bet entries.
the market wasnt suspended as i record that when it happens.
the timings appear correct but the api_error response is 30019ms which would take that market past the scheduled start time (that's when the bot moves to the next market).
could waiting for a response be responsible for the cannot_accept_bet entries and the failure of the green/red up placement?
Here's an image (hope this works)
Daywalker

Re: Cannot_accept_bet

Postby gizzard » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:38 am

I have also received this message. I understand that it is issued by BF and Gruss just reports it.

My situation was that a back bet was placed at odds of 10.5. The price dropped and an offsetting Lay bet should have been triggered.

My theory is that BA the race went In-Play between the cancelling of the offset bet and the attempt to place the new bet so the bet couldn't be placed.

I would like to know if my theory could be correct and, if so, how can this be prevented?

6861 26/09/2015 17:44 55944938833 Backed Indigo @ odds:10.5, (Tick offset (orig ref:55944839470)) OK
6864 26/09/2015 17:45 55944938833 Cancel bet (Stop loss cancel offset bet) REMAINING_CANCELLED
6865 26/09/2015 17:45 N/A Backed  @ odds:9.2, (Stop loss) CANNOT_ACCEPT_BET
gizzard

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Yep I think it occurs when the bet has been submitted to a suspended market or a bet with SP keep options has been sent to an inrunning market. If the off time in your race was 17:45 it'd make sense, with Daywalkers I'm guessing it's aussie stuff so dunno what the race off was but the AUS server is ropey at the best of times and the response on 30019ms may well mean the API or his connection was playing up

Not much you can do to prevent it as the API can suspend pretty much anytime before the off so stopping your bot before the scheduled off is unlikely to stop too many occurences. And to be fair the off suspension is very quick so it's a bit luck of the draw if you ever get caught out. Guess it depends on how often you get caught out and what your betting strategy is as to whether it's worth you adding additional code within your bot to clear up those 'blips'.
Captain Sensible

Postby gizzard » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:08 am

Thanks for that. At least you have confirmed what I thought was happening. It's tricky to know whether or not to adapt the bot for this situation. I have it set up so that when the Stop Loss is hit hte back bet that failed to be placed should have taken the SP if it hadn't been matched before the off. In these cases no bet is placed as the market went in to play. Even that's not too bad if the runner doesn't win the race but, if it does, ouch!

Perhaps I need to monitor how often it happens and then how often it works against me. I expect that if the runner is shortening that much just before the off then it probably has a higher chance of winning than the odds that I am trying to use suggest.
gizzard

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Yep it's probaby worth you monitoring how often it occurs as it's probably not as often as you think. You can open up the transaction log and sort by API response to get a quick look if you're getting many, or even any, cannot_accept_bets. At the end of the day Betfairs odds are reasonably close to true odds so it's all swings and roundabouts and should hopefully even out over time.
Captain Sensible

Postby gizzard » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:24 pm

If there was a "Like" option for your posts then I would click it. As it is, a simple, old-fashioned "thank you" is appropriate. So, thanks.
gizzard

Return to Help