Says fast response time but actual response is slow

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Says fast response time but actual response is slow

Postby zingomax » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:14 am

Place a bet and the response time says it is 125ms or 342ms for example But in practice the placement or cancellation takes 2 or 3 seconds. This has been a common problem lately. A cancelled bet will sit in Bets Manager for 2 to 3 seconds and longer after the bet has been said to have been cancelled.

Phases of this will occur and then it will move back to the actual response being close to the stated response. When it happens I have no idea if my bet is cancelled or not during the lag and any fast trading is impossible.

What is going on here?
zingomax

Re: Says fast response time but actual response is slow

Postby wizardofmann » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:31 am

There could be countless reasons for what you describe. I am no expert but in my case it is down to location and a poor/slow/inconsistent internet signal. I use the fastest refresh rate (0.2s) I also use fill or kill, which needs to be played around with to suit. Apart from that I cannot be of more help but I am sure there are better placed persons using BA who can advise you.
Never say never
wizardofmann

Postby zingomax » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:52 am

Well I have used Gruss for years and only noticed this recently.
zingomax

Postby zingomax » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:17 am

Past internet lags showed up in the ms details i.e. 3500ms and so the lag matched the stated time This says it is 351ms but often is way more than that
zingomax

Postby zingomax » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:34 am

It seems like the Bets last updated lags and has variable rates while the price refreshes are at a different rate.
zingomax

Postby docbrown » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:53 am

(zingomax)Thought this was only happening to me.I have been using b.a. for a few years.The lag issue has been getting worse recently.I believe the bets are going through in the time your transaction log suggests,but the bet manager has a lag time.The only fix i have come up with is to have a betfair page opened up beside b.a. and watch bets going through and being cancelled.I'm sure gruss will blame betfair and betfair blame gruss for this issue.
docbrown

Postby docbrown » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:01 am

(zingomax)I live in aus and only bet on aus races inplay.I thought read somewhere that aus api is different from elsewhere.This could also be the reason i'm having problems.
docbrown

Postby zingomax » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:37 am

Place a bet and it appear to have been placed on the ladder but take 4 seconds to show up on the bets manager. Cancelled bet and it appeared to cancel in the ladder but took 8 seconds to clear out of bets manager! But is a full ladder with other volume hiding your bet the amount you placed that sits to the side of the ladder stays there and so you have no confidence that what you have cancelled has actually been cancelled.

The bets refresh rate seems to work independently of the price refresh rate. Sometimes they are the same sometime very different.
zingomax

Postby renzent » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:39 am

I'm been having same issues. Bet seems to go into the market fine, but takes between 0.1s and 15s to come up in the bet manager. Same for cancelling/changing bet. This is true for Aus and UK racing (pre and in-play). Couldn't replicate it with sports just then.
Just installed Geekstoy and there is no problem.
Is it possibly something to do with ssl3/tls change recently?
I thought it may have had something to do with hitting a global limit on calls/connections for my API, but if other people don't have the same issue...

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Program is essentially unusable for trading as it is.

Cheers,
renzent
renzent

Postby zingomax » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:50 am

See Gary Russells response in bug reports - an API issue in Australia that he is trying to get BF to fix. Software issue on BF's side he thinks
zingomax

Return to Help