Delay to start time

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Delay to start time

Postby vanbuuts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:19 pm

I am sure I have seen a way of setting a time delay to races. Many people will use Excel to trigger a bet "x" seconds or minutes before the start time. If in the event of bad weather, or stall handler accidents all races get delayed by 10 minutes or more, how can the start time be adjusted in GRUSS settings so that bets are not placed too early?
vanbuuts

Re: Delay to start time

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:12 pm

There's nothing within the Gruss settings to take into account delays, it's been suggested in the past viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9346
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:18 pm

If you're basing your triggers off D2 you can always used a custom cell based off D2 to do all your trigger timings. I used to do that with a lookup up list but as all my races run off the same QPL it became pointless as it was skipping markets anyway. In the end I just left it be as it doesn't happen as often as you imagine and missing the odd few races isn't that big a deal throughout the year and your current trigger conditions should be taking into account if the market isn't fully formed.
Captain Sensible

Postby vanbuuts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi CS, could've sworn I'd seen something somewhere in the software previously. Must be imagining things.

I've already considered a manual delay method.

There is a delay to Tipperary today due to traffic issues
vanbuuts

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:21 pm

Sometimes it's best to ignore the delayed markets as they can behave differently mainly because most markets on Betair are bot driven, unless you have some angle to exploit their quirks it's best to serve them unless you have simple click and fire strategies.

The problem I found with amending the start times was it meant you'd most likely miss other markets within the quick pick list and I didn't see much point in writing a custom navigation routine using GO in Q2 to catch up the delayed markets especially when they aren;t too often
Captain Sensible

Postby vanbuuts » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:03 pm

So today there is an hour delay at Chelmsford city, my BOT - if left unattended would stall for an hour. This hour delay affects the sequence / order in the pick list. Can a workaround be found?

I can’t have separate tabs for each course as my BOT updates overnight and so far I haven’t found a way to have a dynamic amount of tabs from one day to the next
vanbuuts

Return to Help