Software Unresponsive/Freezing

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Software Unresponsive/Freezing

Postby Deestar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:48 am

Yesterday around 2pm (UK time) and now this morning around 7, the application become unresponsive to the point that I had to end process via the task manager. There is nothing showing up on the diagnostic logs, Currently using version 38L.

I know there was maintenance this morning, which it obviously didn't handle, but as the same thing happened yesterday i wonder if there is a bug somewhere. i used to leave the non-stream version running 24/7 (including through maintenance periods) and I don't recall it ever freezing. When the API was back up it used to simply started where it left off.

Anyone else have this happen?
Deestar

Re: Software Unresponsive/Freezing

Postby Dai_Young » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:39 am

I've experienced the same but the timing seems random. The only commonality I see is that it happens when loading a Greyhound win market but it only occurs once every few days. Like you say, nothing in the diagnostic logs other than all activity ceasing. Probably going to be a tricky issue to track down.
Dai_Young

Postby Dai_Young » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am

Posted in more detail here...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9822

unfortunately Gary's solution doesn't seem to have totally worked, for me anyway.
Dai_Young

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:58 am

Sorry I am investigating this freezing issue.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:37 am

Thanks Gary and Dai for the response. Yesterdays freeze didn't coincide with a new greyhound load, nor did this mornings, so it must be something unrelated.
Deestar

Postby Deestar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:08 pm

Could this be a cause of the freezing that has been occuring? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9894&view=unread#p50825
All my markets are set to load at x time before off. Crashed again today when trying to load a market. I will email a screenshot of the task manager and the diagnostic log, although there is nothing I can see of note in the latter. Definitely stopped at the point of loading a new market.
Deestar

Return to Help