Unable to place bets in NFL Totals markets

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Unable to place bets in NFL Totals markets

Postby tradeaj71 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:39 am

For the start of the new NFL season, Betfair have changed how they handle points/totals markets. They now have a single market named "Total Points" which is structured in a similar way to the Asian Handicap markets for football/soccer.

Unfortunately I cannot place any bets in these "Total Points" markets using BA. When attempting to place a bet nothing happens and there is no error message.

For info I am using version 1.3.0.38j.

Grateful for any advice/help.
Just plugging away!
tradeaj71

Re: Unable to place bets in NFL Totals markets

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:51 am

Seems to work in the latest version. Try the latest version and let me know if still a problem. See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9881
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby tradeaj71 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:45 pm

Thank you for your response, Gary.

Having upgraded to the latest version, I am still having the same issue. The same is true of the new "Handicap" markets for NFL matches. Both of these market types show 560 selections, I am not sure if this is related to the issue.

For what it is worth, I tried to link these markets to an excel worksheet and can place bets this way albeit it is very slow to process.
Just plugging away!
tradeaj71

Postby RGBVN » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:21 am

I have been experiencing similar problems with rugby handicap and total points markets. Betfair introduced the rolling line in the beginning of September and since then I haven't been able to place any bets on the combined lines market via Betting Assistant. All lines load, but they appear with NR (non-runner) index and never open; odds at amounts available cannot be seen. At the same time, it is possible to place bets on these markets using Betfair's web interface. I am currently using version 1.3.038y3. I really hope this problem could be addressed soon, as it has reduced my turnover roughly by 30%.
RGBVN

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 am

I’m investigating.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:00 am

Is this problem still happening in version 1.3.0.38y7? I cannot find any markets showing all non runners and I can place bets in all of them. Can you provide a specific example?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby RGBVN » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:59 pm

I am looking at Rugby Union/International matches/Barbarians v New Zealand/Handicap.
Lines are open (no NR), but no offers can be seen. When I try to place a bet, it appears in the Bets Manager panel, but it still cannot be seen in the main window (on the market).
RGBVN

Return to Help