Excel 2016

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel 2016

Postby gaspare.vigliani » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi, despite all my tests I can not match an Excel file (Office 2016) with BA V .......... 37a. Is there an incompatibility?

Thank you

Gvigliani
gaspare.vigliani

Re: Excel 2016

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:00 am

Hi,

It should be compatible.
What problem are you having then?
Does it not let you log to an Excel sheet?
Is it a full version of Excel?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby vigliani.gaspare » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:25 am

The Betting Assistant does not in any way see the excel file associated with my program. The Excel file is surely loaded from my program (I see it) but the Betting Assistant, but no.

Thank's for your help

gvigliani
vigliani.gaspare

Postby MarkRussell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:48 pm

vigliani.gaspare wrote:The Betting Assistant does not in any way see the excel file associated with my program. The Excel file is surely loaded from my program (I see it) but the Betting Assistant, but no.

Thank's for your help

gvigliani

Hi,

It depends on the version of Excel you have, I don't mean the year, I mean if it is a full version as there are cut down versions of Excel that don't have the necessary components for Betting Assistant to communicate with it.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby vigliani.gaspare » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:15 am

It is the same version that I installed on another PC (Multi - License) but in one of two I can not make the Excel file visible. What could be the missing component?

Thank you
vigliani.gaspare

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:41 am

vigliani.gaspare wrote:It is the same version that I installed on another PC (Multi - License) but in one of two I can not make the Excel file visible. What could be the missing component?

Thank you

Hi,

Ok so it does sound like you do have a compatible version of Excel.
There is a different reason why it can't connect then.
If you open a brand new Workbook and then go to Log Current Prices do the Workbook and Worksheet names appear in the dropdown boxes?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby vigliani.gaspare » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 am

Yes, in that way it loads it but of course the program can not interfere with it
vigliani.gaspare

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:49 pm

vigliani.gaspare wrote:Yes, in that way it loads it but of course the program can not interfere with it

Hi,

So you can log to a new Workbook?
I'm not understanding the problem?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Daywalker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:22 am

Hi Mark,

I have a similar issue with 2016 but not sure it's the same thing.

On my laptop, Windows 10 Office 2016, with a workbook with code in open, when I first start up Gruss I can see the open Excel workbook in the drop down box but if I link to it nothing happens and I see errors in the excel activity log.

The way I get it to work is to link to a new blank workbook, see it update, then stop link. Now when I link to my workbook it works fine.

(One thing - I haven't used on laptop for a week or so, maybe it's fixed now)
Daywalker

Postby Daywalker » Wed May 09, 2018 10:17 pm

I still have this irritation on my laptop, every time I link. I have to link to a blank workbook then stop then link to my workbook.

If I don't, I get this error message in the log and although it says updated, it doesn't update -

22:04:32:893: Requesting Excel refresh. Origin cell:A10
22:04:32:897: Severe error:System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.GetObject(String PathName, String Class)
at Betting_Assistant.Excel.getWorksheets() in C:\Betting Assistant\Betfair Trading API Beta\Excel.vb:line 1643
at Betting_Assistant.Excel.ExcelUpdateThread() in C:\Betting Assistant\Betfair Trading API Beta\Excel.vb:line 1869
22:04:32:897: Excel updated.

What to do?

D
Daywalker

Return to Help