Excel Developer has posted but no one apart from me comments

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel Developer has posted but no one apart from me comments

Postby xraymitch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Maybe because of my ignorance of VBA etc, I am easily impressed but I am truly surprised at the lack of comments on this developers work. I was hoping that those who are knowledgeable about VBA would have remarked positive or otherwise, but I am the sole voice.

Have a look here and tell me what you think.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9850

Understand I have no connection of any kind with the developer and I am just looking for critical appraisal from the many experts here in our community who give of their time and VBA skills and share their knowledge with the forum. You know who you are ... :)

Thanks,

8)
xraymitch

Re: Excel Developer has posted but no one apart from me comm

Postby xraymitch » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:00 am

On reflection it might have been better to create this topic in the Discussions section rather than here. My apologies if I have posted incorrectly.

Still puzzled though by the absence of comments so I will have a look the Bet Angel and Cymatic forums to see if there any responses there.

8)
xraymitch

Postby vanbuuts » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Why would you care if you have no connection.

Looks to me like a thread where one person is having a conversation with themselves under 2 pseudonym's.

Personally would never pay for something that is realively easy to create for yourself. Plenty of people willing to give formula or VBA assistance on either here or forums such as excelforum. The only way to learn is trialling these things yourself rather than paying someone to create it for you.
vanbuuts

Postby xraymitch » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Looks to me like a thread where one person is having a conversation with themselves under 2 pseudonym's.

I understand you being cynical - but have a look at my posts, I have been around here for quite some time. You can even look at the testimonial page where you will find my name - misspelled as xraymich

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/page/93 ... onials.htm

Plenty of people willing to give formula or VBA assistance on either here

I agree with the above and precisely because there are so many people here skilled in VBA and willing to share their expertise is the reason I thought there would be some comments on it.

I will contact the developer directly as it seems I am alone in being impressed by his work.

Thanks anyway. 8)
xraymitch

Postby Daywalker » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:10 am

Firstly, if it does what you want and you're happy to pay for it then that's all good.

As for not commenting on it... this may just be me -
Whenever I see someone flogging something on the forums, I knowingly roll my eyes, thinking here we go. In some respect I think "well done". However, I'm no VBA expert, I've spent more hours than I'd care to remember repeatedly stepping through code trying to get it to work or find any bugs, googling and trawling forums for answers, only to see it fall over on the next market. The times I've had to change code to accommodate updates. Even when code works, you spend time honing it to specific markets - efficient, lite, robust - it never ends. I'm doubtful that an all encompassing premade sheet can be as efficient. I can only imagine the amount of code required for a workbook that can offer all these different settings. Maybe the developer knows more efficient ways of coding than me (quite likely). And then there's those changes that occur, and the bugs. If you get into using the premade sheet, you're going to want a long term commitment from the developer, otherwise a year down the line you've put your time into getting it to work for you, only to see it stop with no further updates.

I guess I'm cynical too. Maybe a little jealous if it's good.
Daywalker

Postby xraymitch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:24 am

Thanks Daywalker, I appreciate your comments and your blog too - which I have commented upon in the past.

As soon as I have finished preparing a number of questions I will contact the developer and make a judgement based on the answers I receive.

8)
xraymitch

Return to Help